Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've searched all over this site as well as other sites but have had no luck in finding the information i need. i'm looking to find out how to remove the lower honeycomb mesh grille on an '08 6. i've already looked at it but the closest i can figure is that the entire front bumper assembly would need to be removed. is this correct? anyone know for certain?

the reason i need to know is because i am considering purchasing a laser jammer and where i would mount the jammer heads would be within the grille which means i'd have to cut some openings. i figured it'd be easier if the whole mesh grille was removed rather than still on the car.

if anyone could answer or even lend some advice i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if its like the speed. Then when U remove the bumper bar is right behind the mesh. Yopur going to have to remove the bumper cover first, so u can check. For bolts on top. 2 in the wheel well where the liners meet. And a bunch of little bolts and push pins under the cover. Good luck

·
Registered
278 Posts
You don't need to remove the front bumper.

If you look closely there are clips. The grill itself has holes and the bumper itself has clips that go into the hole. Good luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (ydnauhz @ Feb 11 2010, 06:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636340
You don't need to remove the front bumper.

If you look closely there are clips. The grill itself has holes and the bumper itself has clips that go into the hole. Good luck[/b]
sorry for being noobish here but the clips are on the inside? or underneath? or...? i just went outside and looked and didn't see anything that could pass for a clip from the bumper. perhaps a bit more explanation? thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
u need to remove the bumper to get a better picture of what u are doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts