Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the badges(we dont need no stinkin' badges) bolted on or appoxied? In either event any recommendations for removal of them?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Reading Topic: Removal of Badges?

they are just stuck on. i took mines off w/o problems. first open trunk and put a cloth at the bottom of it so the goo gone doesn't drip all over.spray GOO GONE SPRAY GELL all over the emblem with it. let is soak for a few mins. then get sum fishing line and go underneath the badges, going up and down with the line. pull away while doing this step. sum adhesive will be left on the trunk, spray with more goo gone and remove gently with finger nails. and then clean very well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Removal of Badges?'

That is almost how I did it to my focus. It would be a good Idea to wash and spot wax the spot that the goo gone was on so that the chemicals were on the finish.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts

I had mine done that way for my eclipse, a tiny bit of goo be gone and some dental floss will wedge em right off. You can just slide the floss between the car and the badge and shimmy it a bit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the ideas, sounds like its fairly simple. I take delivery of the car on Tuesday, I see the badges coming off not to long after.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

yeah just the "MAZDA 6" and the dealer badge if u have one. the "(/)" badge stays, it's bolted in and would leave holes.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I'm definitely taking those side V6 badges off of mine. Like to keep 'em guessing. ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

yeah just the "MAZDA 6" and the dealer badge if u have one. the "(/)" badge stays, it's bolted in and would leave holes.[/b]
Ok that's what I thought, thanx.
All ready removed the mazda6 on the trunk and told the dealer before they prepped my car....." Unless you want to pay me to advertise for you, keep your stickers off" :D Works every time

·
Registered
341 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

...and the dealer badge if u have one...[/b]
I hate those dealer stickers! :sarc First thing I tell 'em at the dealership before I take the keys: Remove any stickers that you may have added to the car, please.

They usually give you a wierd look like you're crazy, but then they realize that you just spent $20k+ putting $$$ in their pockets, and get right on it.

The only dealer I've had refuse was Kimnach Ford, but that was because they didn't put stickers on the car. They had installed a license plate frame which I left on (until I had a run in with their service reps) because I liked the fact that they didn't use one of those tacky (no pun intended) stickers.

Joe

Edit:

Originally posted by meat6:

All ready removed the mazda6 on the trunk and told the dealer before they prepped my car....." Unless you want to pay me to advertise for you, keep your stickers off"  Works every time[/b]

Didn't see that before going off on my rant ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts

I have a dealer sticker to deal with. What is the best way to get rid of the sticker? A razor blade and then goo gone? I'm afraid of scratching the paint.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by Bantha

I have a dealer sticker to deal with.  What is the best way to get rid of the sticker?  A razor blade and then goo gone?  I'm afraid of scratching the paint.[/b]
Don't use a razor blade on your car. Goo Gone and your fingernail.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Lamp oil is also good to remove the goo of stickers.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Originally posted by sooperman85

does debadging the car really make it look that much better?[/b]
to me it looks better ... after debadge it feels more symetrical ! due to the fact that the car is designed with twin exhaust on each side .. so i thought what da hell ... debadge it for sure!

·
Registered
105 Posts

Wait... I thought the Atenza badge went in the same place as the Mazda6 badge?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Removal of Badges?'

No the Atenza cars have Mazda on the left and Atenza on the right.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts