Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have just purchased a 2012 Mazda 6 GT 2.5
I have read some posts that I should be capable of rolling down the windows (and possibly sunroof) by pressing the remote unlock button twice. I have tried this repeatedly without success. It's frustrating because I had this feature on my previous car (2005 Nissan Altima). I have also read that this feature may need to be set up by a dealer? I spoke to a Service Advisor at a Mazda dealer, but he didn't know what I was talking about. The manual doesn't specify this feature. Can anyone give any advice on this ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try pressing the unlock button and keep your finger on it,that's how it normally works,then when you take your finger off they stop going down.
Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
You press the unlock button twice holding it on the second press. Opens up driver's, passenger's windows and sunroof.

You let go of the button and it stops. And I know this an old post but thought I'd add my $0.02 :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It's slightly possible on the lower level trims, they did not offer the roll down feature from the key fob. It was a feature that first showed up on the 06 car on the front windows only. Make sure to push the remote unlock twice and hold on the second push. That's the procedure. There is also a feature to control the windows from the key cylinder in the driver's door.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's slightly possible on the lower level trims, they did not offer the roll down feature from the key fob. It was a feature that first showed up on the 06 car on the front windows only. Make sure to push the remote unlock twice and hold on the second push. That's the procedure. There is also a feature to control the windows from the key cylinder in the driver's door.
Ill try this next tomorrow my audi had this feature it would have been nice to push a button from a distance tho. thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried with the button on the key and with the key in the lock niether do anything. Is this a fuction i beed programed at an actual mazda stealership then? Or is it if you dont have it already your SOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a 2017 GT last fall, and found out that this feature is not on my car. Very disappointing, and I told my dealer as much.
My 2006 Altima and my 2002 Pathfinder both have this feature, so for Mazda to not have it in 2017 is inexcusable.
I love the car, but this missing feature is very disappointing.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I bought a 2017 GT last fall, and found out that this feature is not on my car. Very disappointing, and I told my dealer as much.
My 2006 Altima and my 2002 Pathfinder both have this feature, so for Mazda to not have it in 2017 is inexcusable.
I love the car, but this missing feature is very disappointing.
Yep.. I was very disappointed as well. In Palm Springs in 117* heat, car was only 3 days old, I wanted to vent car before entering... Sucks.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
I tried with the button on the key and with the key in the lock niether do anything. Is this a fuction i beed programed at an actual mazda stealership then? Or is it if you dont have it already your SOL
I don't recall if it was something that was standard with the push-button start/keyless go, or if it was something that the dealer activated with new-car delivery. It wouldn't hurt to check with the dealer and see if they can do something...

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I realize this is a very old post but I do not get to check this much. But I have both a 2010s GT and a 2013s GT. And I believe only the 2009-2010 Mazda 6 with smart key fob could do this. It had to do with the BCM’s produced during those years and the wiring in the door harnesses and switches wiring back to the BCM with the auto roll-down windows. It was marketed as part of the “Tech Package” when sold with the car. Otherwise meaning the dealership could activate that feature in the BCM. The 2011-2013’s could never do this since Mazda deleted the auto passenger window roll-down switches and wiring back to the BCM in ALL trim levels. Inserting the smart key into the drivers door and turning clockwise and holding it in place would open the front windows and roll back the sunroof. Turning and holding counter clockwise would roll everything back up and close the sunroof. If your car does NOT do this; then you don’t have it, and adding it usually cost prohibitive.

You were always limited to only auto roll down and sunroof open from the keyfob. There was no way to roll back up from the fob. (For safety reasons).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
diggscreed
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing