Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking under the hood today to see what was done when i got my Alarm/Remote starter installed... and to get an idea of how the Cpe is going to hook up....

and some things have changed and now i am worried about installing the Cpe-Mafci....

first off the remote starter box is attached via 2 srews to the stock CAI filter box, so not sure what i am suppose to do there... and it looks like some wires are also attached...I really want to get the Cpe installed but dont want to damage the remote starter or alarm....

So has anyone installed the Cpe after a remote starter?? if so what should i be careful of??

i can post up some pics tomorrow if it will help....

thanks every 1

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have an ungo remote starter installed as well as a CPE. No issues

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
did you have to move anything around like the remote starter box??
[/b]
Not sure what remote starter box you are talking about...

The brain goes under the dash in the car as does the bypass module where you put in your valet key. There is nothing that goes in the engine bay other than the siren.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the VIPER 971xv and CPE with no problems at all either. They shouldn't have mounted anything to the Air box in the first place. So thats your first problem. and if it's your brainbox. thats not good at all because you do not want that under your hood. Where it will come in contact with water and moisture easier. Not to mention it'd make it easier for a would-be theif.

Not sure what remote starter box you are talking about...

The brain goes under the dash in the car as does the bypass module where you put in your valet key. There is nothing that goes in the engine bay other than the siren.
[/b]
+1 .

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Slap your installer if they put the brain box under the dash. Hopefully it is the siren...mine was held in place with two zip-ties so hopefully your's shouldn't be hard to move.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slap your installer if they put the brain box under the dash. Hopefully it is the siren...mine was held in place with two zip-ties so hopefully your's shouldn't be hard to move.
[/b]
looked at it again today and it looks like the siren.... they drilled 2 holes and attached via 2 screws...

where can i move it too??

Pics:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
v6 bay is tight, get a CAI and you will free up lots of room to mount it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I want a jumbo jet in my front bumper... then i can join the mile high club too.

yeah u can move it anywhere mine is on the fire wall but if u put in the cpe there is more than enough room to put it in that area.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Man it pains me to see the work of some installers out there. I would put that siren out of sight, i.e drop the plastic in the fender well and mount to metal in there. Also rerout the tach sense wire out of sight too, if the alarm components cant be seen they cant be easily found and disabled.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
wow, that's really one of the worst installs i've seen in a long time. as a rule of thumb, the siren is to be installed in in inconspicuous location & out of sight. the install should blend into the car, not stand out.

that shop did a pretty lousy job. i'd make them redo the siren install, and re-run the tach wire, blending in & not standing out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts