Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i got mazda 6 2003, my problem is remote keys both are not working & i already change the battery but nothing happen . i follow this steps to programm my remote evrything was ok till step number 7 when i press button nothing happen ,,, im new here in mazda 6 club & i already searched here but everybody has different issue
so if anybody has any idea about how can i fix this issue

thanks

2003-04 Mazda 6 REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

·
Registered
181 Posts
if no buttons respond then your remote might be dead

and for step 5 you just press the black door ajar button instead of opening and closing door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Do u think both key dead in same time !!

there another thing some people told me i have to check the receiver (remote key receiver ) in my car it might broken or something
but i have no idea where is it ?

·
Registered
181 Posts

Do u think both key dead in same time !!

there another thing some people told me i have to check the receiver (remote key receiver ) in my car it might broken or something
but i have no idea where is it ?

well if you have a auto zone or kragen around your area they can test your keyless remote to see if it is working. if it is then its your receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts