Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are too many miles?

60,000?? on a 6 cyl. 5-speed is that to many miles to buy a car and depend on it for a few years?

Im looking at a few cars with 60,000+ miles on them, is this to many? Will the clutch die out on me soon after i buy the car?

How strong are these cars after some miles are put on them

·
Registered
225 Posts
good question. I wouldn't expect mazda clutches to last more than 100K. On this car, they are roughly $1,500 to replace at a dealer, $800 for a mechanic. Many members have had clutches fail around 30K!

General reliability above 60K is relatively unknown...the car is too new. There's actually a thread about this started by Stealth01 in this section of the board.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
A co-worker of mine has a 2003 6s with 55k on it, and he's never had a minute's problem with it. Of course, his car's an automatic so I can't answer the question about the clutch.

Why not try to find a 6 with lower miles? Try www.getauto.com, I saw alot of them on there in my area when I thought about a used one.

·
Registered
635 Posts
good question. I wouldn't expect mazda clutches to last more than 100K. On this car, they are roughly $1,500 to replace at a dealer, $800 for a mechanic. Many members have had clutches fail around 30K!

General reliability above 60K is relatively unknown...the car is too new. There's actually a thread about this started by Stealth01 in this section of the board.
[/b]
whhhaaaaa ??? the clutch wont last for more than 100K ?? damn !!! I am at 86K (kms though) right now ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
whhhaaaaa ??? the clutch wont last for more than 100K ?? damn !!! I am at 86K (kms though) right now ...
[/b]
Well I sure hope the clutch goes pass 100K otherwise I'll be highly disspointment. My old car(91 integra) had 210K and still had the original clutch.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
How long the clutch will last is based on how you drive your car.
A lady I use to work with, had her clutch replaced about every 10k [no joke]. :nono:
One day I went to lunch with her and I saw how she drove, and I knew why.
She had a Honda Passport.

That is the worst thing about buying a used car without a warrantee… You never know how well it was taken care of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
kdn02
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing