Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I live around the Worcester, MA area and was wondering if any of you knew where to get a Muffler delete (2015 Mazda 6) at an affordable cost from a reliable shop? I called a reliable shop in Marlborough but they quoted me $250 for a muffler delete + y-pipe and for reusing existing tips and $350 for making custom tips (Stainless Steel). IMO this seems kind of steep but what do you all think? I thought anything above $150 is too much for a muffler delete.

Also, does anyone have any problems with emissions tests/inspection with a muffler delete? If yes, can you also recommend a shop that is a bit more lenient when it comes to inspecting custom exhausts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im not from that area but you can use www.yelp.com and look up exhaust shops and call to get some more quotes. Just make sure they have good ratings and they have lots of pictures of their work because you get what you pay for and some of those places that do it for cheap might have horrible welds. The muffler part of the exhaust has nothing to do with emissions it only affects the sound.

·
Super Moderator
17,099 Posts
Check out Paradise Auto - They're out in Swampscott but there used to be along-time member on here whose family owns the place. They've worked on many-a-6 from this forum and I've heard nothing but good things from them.

Other than that, Worcester's auto repair places have really gone downhill in the last 10 years. Gardner Automotive on West Boylston street was easily the best around until his kids took over about 5 years ago.

You can ask if Franchi-Bros on Shrewsbury Street does muffler work, but I think they're strictly a body shop place - they're my go-to for body repairs.

I'd say the $250 was a bit over the top. $150 - 200 would be my range for just the delete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts