Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this may not be new information, but I just received this response from Mazda USA regarding information on a release date for the Mazda6 hatch in North America:

"The MAZDA6 hatchback is currently scheduled for release the first
quarter of 2004. This may change as it gets closer to production,
however, you can stay in the loop by visiting www.mazdausa.com. There
will be updates posted on the website as the vehicle is closer to the
production date.

We appreciate your interest in the MAZDA6. Zoom-Zoom!"

I'm pretty disappointed that we probably have to wait a whole year to be able to get the hatch.
:(

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reading Topic: Release info for hatch in North America

I already spoke to a Mazda representative and told me the Hatchback was coming at least a year after the sedan.

So here, in Canada, it's supposed to come out in March or April 2004...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Release info for hatch in North America'

The last time I heard the US was going to get the hatch ~12/03. Maybe they've pushed it back. Darn, I'm one of many here waiting for a US/NA hatch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ditto on the hatch availability whine-zine. After reading all the reviews from the hatch-ownin' Aussie's on this site, I realize I just won't be happy until I have one...

*sigh* looks like the wife's neon (stop laughing!) will have to last a bit longer than expected...

6HatchEnvy

·
Registered
26 Posts

The later the better (at least as far as my insurance rates are concerned)! I'll have a license for 7 years in summer 2004! I don't know about other states, but apparently in North Carolina they go by you years of experience instead of your age.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Ok, I received a call today from a local dealer I had recently visited telling me that he spoke to their regional HQ (or something to that effect) and the hatchback is supposed to be released in mid-April of this year here in the US.
Has anyone heard similiar info.? Last time a spoke to Mazda on the phone (about 2 weeks ago) they were telling me 1st quater of 2004.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Originally posted by Syncrosis
the hatchback is supposed to be released in mid-April of this year here in the US.  
Has anyone heard similiar info.?[/b]
i went to the sf auto show in nov '02, and the mazda rep said hatchback is coming spring 03. not sure how accurate the info still is.

·
Registered
543 Posts

<sigh> Doubtful.....

I sent an email to Mazda, and unless their customer service/email people don't know what's going on, here is their response:

In regards to your e-mail, production for the MAZDA6 hatchback and
wagon versions begins in the first quarter of 2004.

We appreciate your interest in the MAZDA6. Zoom-Zoom!

·
Registered
142 Posts

Yeah, I know I got the samething when I called Mazda today. But the mazda rep. on the phone also mentioned that his info. is a week old or more.
Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope this guy isn't pulling my chain.:sarc

·
Registered
683 Posts

as I posted in another thread, I talked with a guy from Mazda Corperate at the Chicago Auto Show, amd they are on track for a late fall early winter release for the hatch. Hopefully The first week of December.

·
Registered
543 Posts

Argh. If they release next winter, like they did the Sedan this past December, then I'll prolly end up waiting until next April or May! Why can't they be like NORMAL car companies and release new cars in the summer and fall???

Living in Michigan, I'd rather get a nice, clean, brand new car in nice-weather months instead of getting one in the middle of snow-roadsalt-dirt-grime season. :(

·
Registered
683 Posts

Its Fine for me, I need to save up some cash for the Downpayment anyway, and this way i can through in all the bonuses from work into it....and HOPEFULLY someone will have a dash kit out by then, Plus my truck wont be payed off until after the 1st of the year and the Idea of having 2 $300+ a month car payments makes me shiver.

·
Registered
142 Posts

Mazda's response to a emailed question regarding April/May release and Mazda 6 hatchback display in the New York International Auto Show.
Response:
"...The MAZDA6 hatchback is currently scheduled for release in the first
quarter of 2004. That is the earliest possible release date for the
vehicle. In addition, it will not be at the New York Auto Show."

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Release info for hatch in North America

from the Edmunds board......

The UAW is reporting that mazda has informed them that Flat Rock will start building the mazda6 hatchback and wagon in Feb 2004....

I think the guy who posted it works at or for Mazda/Ford or something.

:( :( :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.