Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished washing down my engine bay, yes I promise you as much as I can I covered all electrical components including the rear mounted alternator and exposed wiring etc. After I complete my rinse down I reconnect the negative wiring to the battery terminal and let the car sit. 20 minutes later I walk outside and here loud clicking coming from my fuse relays specifically the horn and fuel pump relay closest to the left side of the fuse box. Does anybody have any ideas why they could be short circuiting or what to check? Thank you
2006 Mazdaspeed6

·
Super Moderator
17,372 Posts
Disconnect battery, open hood and anything else that can be opened to dry out (remove engine cover, fan might help) let dry for a day. Water is shorting out a connection somewhere
Agreed. Let everything dry out for a while with no electricity around, then try again.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You reconnected your battery too soon. Chances are you still have moisture on your electricals.

I'd inspect all electrical components in the engine bay and go through it one by one w/electronic cleaner spray where needed. Inspect your ground points for new rust and apply some protection

Like others have said, Let It Dry Out All day long before energizing the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts