Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to the dealer today and left the intake on and everything cause I don't care lol, BUT I told them my car is burning oil and that's the reason I was there in the first place.

2 hours later they come and tell me there is no problems found I quote on the receipt "Normal oils consumption is one quart to every 900 miles" So I have to do 6 quarts of Mobil for the oil change and another quart every 1000 miles to keep it safe?

I also came in with throttle lag and surging at 40-50mph, They're quick to blame the intake on throttle lag saying there's NOT ENOUGH air and the PCM isn't programed for it aAnd I came in cause my passenger window is very jerky when opening and closing, and they blame dry tints.

Back to the oil, so I came home and topped it off with yet another quart in the last week and a half back to full, I slip off the PCV line that clamped to the intake manifold and I can see something moisture at the bottom of the line and I just slip my pinky in there and it's wet with oil and I can see it on my finger!

Going Back tom.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Took my car to the dealer today and left the intake on and everything cause I don't care lol, BUT I told them my car is burning oil and that's the reason I was there in the first place.

2 hours later they come and tell me there is no problems found I quote on the receipt "Normal oils consumption is one quart to every 900 miles" So I have to do 6 quarts of Mobil for the oil change and another quart every 1000 miles to keep it safe? They're quick to blame the intake on throttle lag saying there's NOT ENOUGH air and the PCM isn't programed for it and my tint is dry and sticking to the run channel on the window.

Back to the oil, so I came home and topped it off with yet another quart in the last week and a half back to full, I slip off the PCV line that clamped to the intake manifold and I can see something moisture at the bottom of the line and I just slip my pinky in there and it's wet with oil and I can see it on my finger!

Going Back tom.
[/b]
I'm PRETTY darn sure thats not right.. lol .. thats insane... if that was the case.. if you went 5000 miles without an oil change you would only have like a no oil left.. I would call them out on this.. and tell them they are stupid... stupid.. .stupid..

I wonder if you could just keep putting in a quart of oil every 900 miles.. destroy your engine and then blame them :) I mean they did say that it burns 1 quart every 900 miles..

They blamed my exhaust rattle on 'bad gas'... whateva..

·
Registered
347 Posts

2 hours later they come and tell me there is no problems found I quote on the receipt "Normal oils consumption is one quart to every 900 miles" So I have to do 6 quarts of Mobil for the oil change and another quart every 1000 miles to keep it safe?

I also came in with throttle lag and surging at 40-50mph, They're quick to blame the intake on throttle lag saying there's NOT ENOUGH air and the PCM isn't programed for it aAnd I came in cause my passenger window is very jerky when opening and closing, and they blame dry tints.

Going Back tom.
[/b]

Oil consumption crap is all bullshit. I change my oil every 5000 miles and it comes out to be exactly 4.5 quarts, and that's how much I put in during oil change. If you are burning oil, you better get it check out before big problems arise.

There is a software update for the throttle lag and surging issue, it has nothing to do with your intake, and due to the tubic design of your intake, it should have MORE AIR instead of NOT ENOUGH.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Suggestion - try a different dealer and ask for a compression test.

That will tell you if you're burning oil. If the compression checks out, then yer leakin' somewhere...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I slip off the PCV line that clamped to the intake manifold and I can see something moisture at the bottom of the line and I just slip my pinky in there and it's wet with oil and I can see it on my finger!

Going Back tom.
[/b]
You may have found the problem right there. Try replacing the PCV and watch your oil level closely for the next several weeks. That may fix the problem and you can avoid the aggravation of dealer's service dept.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah some oil consumption is to be expected but 1 quart over 900 miles is way too much usage. Obviously they're clueless and after your next visit, you should consider finding another dealer if possible.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And That's the first time I ever went to the dealer for anything and soon as I walked in I had some TSB's in my hand and he was like "You just can't come in here with some TSB's , u gotta tell me the problem" or somethin along those lines and I was mad before I even handed him my keys.

Needless to say I was very upset, but they do have plenty do do while u wait.

14,783 miles and I'm do at 15,000 and I put 2 quarts in the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you only have 15000 miles and are already losing oil take it to the dealer and let them figure it out . like everyone said just find another dealer.This is not normal . Maybe they are referring to a 1960 muscle car about the 900 mile crap

·
Registered
426 Posts
And That's the first time I ever went to the dealer for anything and soon as I walked in I had some TSB's in my hand and he was like "You just can't come in here with some TSB's , u gotta tell me the problem" or somethin along those lines and I was mad before I even handed him my keys.

[/b]
Marko did you notice my earlier post? Look at the top sticky in this subforum regarding the PCV on our car.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I did lol, just went on ranting though.

I knew bout the PCV valve that's why I walked into there telling them to check it, I'm curious as to how they tested the car for burning oil anyway.

If it was as easy on our cars as most other I would ave changed it at this point but it's not convinient in any sense, and I feel they should do it.

·
Registered
118 Posts

[/b]
Does it really surprise you that the dealer didn't like what you had to say? If you've never been there before and haven't built up any kind of relationship with a service manager, do you really expect him to just take your word that a bunch of TSB's apply to your car? The only thing they have to do is recalls, not TSB's. Now if you go in, act polite, tell him your symptoms and see what he has to say, you would probably do better. If he tries to BS you, then bring out the TSB's. You don't get anywhere, especially not in the auto world, being a complete a*s to people. Treat them with respect and you'll get it in return.

Case in point, I bought my '03 6s and only got one key and one remote. I asked my salesman for an extra and he told me that he'd see what he could do. Because I'd written a letter to his boss telling him what a good salesman the guy was, the salesman gave me a new key and a new remote, plus a full tank of gas. That's $250 right there for free.

Then I took it in for service to have the door sash recall done and ask them about the rotor warping. They gave me new pads and new rotors on the front without any argument and performed the transmission PCM TSB without me asking either. And now I've got a service manager that knows me and knows I'm a nice guy. So when I go in to have other things done, I know I will get treated right. Rant over :).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does it really surprise you that the dealer didn't like what you had to say? If you've never been there before and haven't built up any kind of relationship with a service manager, do you really expect him to just take your word that a bunch of TSB's apply to your car? The only thing they have to do is recalls, not TSB's. Now if you go in, act polite, tell him your symptoms and see what he has to say, you would probably do better. If he tries to BS you, then bring out the TSB's. You don't get anywhere, especially not in the auto world, being a complete a*s to people. Treat them with respect and you'll get it in return.

Case in point, I bought my '03 6s and only got one key and one remote. I asked my salesman for an extra and he told me that he'd see what he could do. Because I'd written a letter to his boss telling him what a good salesman the guy was, the salesman gave me a new key and a new remote, plus a full tank of gas. That's $250 right there for free.

Then I took it in for service to have the door sash recall done and ask them about the rotor warping. They gave me new pads and new rotors on the front without any argument and performed the transmission PCM TSB without me asking either. And now I've got a service manager that knows me and knows I'm a nice guy. So when I go in to have other things done, I know I will get treated right. Rant over :).
[/b]
Some dealerships you can go in with a halo on your head with wings on your back and Jesus standing next to you and they are still jerks, Trust me I have seen all kinds. It differs from dealership to dealership.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome to the world of stealerships. Mine told me the same thing about the consumption. I posted a formal complaint to MazdaUSA about them, and three weeks later I had a new engine. The same stealership is telling me that my axleback exhaust caused one of my exhaust manifold gaskets to pop. My amp power wire also caused my CEL to come on for cam-timing over-advance too, according to them (actually related to the low oil, but they didn't even check it). Be prepared to fight, but first post a complaint to MazdaUSA, it's always a good place to start.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
nashirak
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing