Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nervous and excited, but I’m ready!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
I highly recommend swapping out pads, rotors, line and fluid. You will have warped brakes and/or horribly fading brakes if you really drive hard.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Echoing what CYANiDE wrote, and from my own post: I don't want to rain on your parade, but to me the stock Mazda6 brakes seem woefully unprepared for track use. They are single piston calipers with street pads, etc. What CYANiDE suggest is probably a bare minimum standard, but I can't imagine those calipers are going to hold up to any kind of heavy repeated brake loading, let alone track use.

The track you're using seems pretty tight with minimal straightaways - it's primarily a go kart track. That's good, but you're likely to see a heck of a lot of wear and I'd be very concerned for safety with a stock brake package.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is awesome! I would take it out and see how it does. Consider it a benchmark. If you like it thenyou can upgrade accordingly.
You'll likely boil the brake fluid so at a minimum be prepared to replace that.
wohoo.
I would actually be concerned with safety. As long as he takes it really easy, it'll be fun and safe. I'd be concerned about heavy brake fade and losing the brakes. I would definitely pay a lot of attention to the brakes and don't do any repeated late hard brakes, let them cool down.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very curious to hear how this works out, and wish you the best.

Are you running stock front brakes - pads, rotors, calipers?
Currently, but I will get better brakes before I go to the track.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is awesome! I would take it out and see how it does. Consider it a benchmark. If you like it thenyou can upgrade accordingly.
You'll likely boil the brake fluid so at a minimum be prepared to replace that.
wohoo.
I would actually be concerned with safety. As long as he takes it really easy, it'll be fun and safe. I'd be concerned about heavy brake fade and losing the brakes. I would definitely pay a lot of attention to the brakes and don't do any repeated late hard brakes, let them cool down.

My brakes are already warped from canyon driving so I will have to replace the whole brake system before going

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Modzas6x
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing