Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the vancouver area has had the ECU flashed yet? It looks like some have got it done in the GTA. Just wondering about Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'm not sure if it's an official thing in Canada, and I haven't received any recall notices yet. My car has been running fine though, so if it's not necessary I may not do it. Plus, being a May '06 production model it may already have it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My recall letter for the reflash came this morning (06 Mazdaspeed6 emission recall campaign 4106E)

They will reflash the PCM for the powerloss issue.

You dont need the letter to get this done, its free also.

Maybe let us know how it feels after the reflash?

Has anyone in the vancouver area has had the ECU flashed yet? It looks like some have got it done in the GTA. Just wondering about Vancouver.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My recall letter for the reflash came this morning (06 Mazdaspeed6 emission recall campaign 4106E)

They will reflash the PCM for the powerloss issue.

You dont need the letter to get this done, its free also.

Maybe let us know how it feels after the reflash?
[/b]
Hmmm, thanks for the update wannaspeed. I haven't received a letter yet but maybe mine's in the mail too. What's the production date of your car again? Wonder if it would go by VIN and if mine was late enough (May 06) to have it already.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmmm, thanks for the update wannaspeed. I haven't received a letter yet but maybe mine's in the mail too. What's the production date of your car again? Wonder if it would go by VIN and if mine was late enough (May 06) to have it already.
[/b]

My production date is Feb/06. I remember one time i wrote down my vin and there was a site that you could check to see if your car needed the reflash. I believe it was a US site maybe Mazda USA?

When i checked the vin ranges, my VIN was included.

·
Registered
108 Posts
this apply to Speed only?
[/b]
Speed6 only

Heres that list of vins : http://www.mazda6tech.com/tsb/powerloss.pdf

My letter uses the exact phrases of some parts of the letter but does not include the vin ranges and some items.

I guess the important part of the letter for you skoda is " on certain 2006 Mazdaspeed6 vehicles produced from August 4,2005 through April 29,2006. If you are a recipient of this notice, your vehicle is included in this recall."

My vin is in the range.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks for the info wannaspeed. The doc says it applies to VINs up to 107537. Mine's after that range, so I guess this recall doesn't apply to mine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Recall applies to me. I'm a apr 06 production and got it in August.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts