Mazda 6 Forums banner

Did the reflash improve your MS6's performance?

• No, it did not - it was worse!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't get the reflash

• No, it did not - it was the same.

• Other (PLEASE COMMENT)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
The reflash does not change total power output, it changes when/how you receive power. I personally like my car better preflash because it "felt" like it pulled like crazy in low RPM now post flash it still pulls hard but doesn't have the same feeling to me. It used to throw me back in my seat out of nowhere, now it just pulls me back in my seat, not throw. It's so hard to explain.

Some people felt no difference pre/post flash, so they either already had the flash and didn't know it or they got a different version than I did. Mine is definitely noticeable.

I know someone on this forum was working on getting Mazda to update the flash again. Hopefully one without powerloss and still throws you back in your seat.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is there more than one flash version out there?
How do I find out which version I got?
[/b]
I think they are all the same "version" of flash, it's just that some dealers have "updates" that others do not.

I got my original flash done at Mazda of Lakewood in Colorado. Once I moved to Virginia I took the car to the Casey Masda and had them check for any updates. They told me they found 3 different updates that I needed. Car still feels the same as the first flash.

So who knows what's going on, so many different scenarios. The only way for them to tell if you have the correct updates is to hook you car up and see. But who know if yours or mine or anybodys dealer has all the latest/correct calibrations.

By the way I voted "other"

I agree with the exception of 6th gear.
In gears 1-5, it feels like the power has been moved up the RPM band a bit.
6th gear... Im very dissapointed... Prior to the reflash, my car would still put my head into the headrest in 6th gear at any RPM > 3k. Now... Nothing in 6th. No power. Just granny mobile...
[/b]
My car feels the same way in 6th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.