Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Almost done with all of them, few more tweaking and sanding left to go. I'm very pleased with how it all came out. Going to put it all back together and wire everything up soon. More pictures of the completed project to come! :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
nice, i like what you did with the old ashtray area, smart :)

... is that an ablounge they are sitting on? lol :p

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lot of holes to fill, and I'm keeping it a secret until I finish the installation...hehe. You can basically guess from the shapes anyway. Yes, that's an ablounge that my dad uses in the garage. I had no where to put them so they went on there for the picture.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Arnt ya missing some buttons? Or is this non auto climate?

BTW very nice... WOuld love to hear how ya made em... Suppose you could plaster cast the parts, then make a plastic extruder, or use fiberglass.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Relatively easy to make them, except for the circle and cup holder piece. I'll go into details later but you need a few things: A dremel, Epoxy, Bondo-Glass, Putty, MDF, and sand paper. A lot of time and patience.

Nothing is in there yet, I have only put in the touchscreen.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Very nice how the pieces turned out. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Keep it up and goodluck. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inching closer and closer to being done. All of them are completed, however I'm probably going back and I'm going mold the shift panel into the panel that now has the A/C controls. Trying to get a clean look. Excuse the crappy quality of photos, it's from my cell phone.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice man, it looks awesome...cant wait to c the finished product. Nice work, keep it going.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Congrats on such nice work, The screen size is nice and wide, I cant wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all. Unforunately the finished product is MONTHS away most likely. I still need to:

1)Take out my gray carpet and dye it black (this saturday)
2)Dynamat the floor while the carpet is out (next week)
3)Dye the the plastic underneath the seats (when I have time)
4)Fiberglass door panels and kick panels for Focal speakers (month away probably)
5)Much more finer details as well

I'll be taking pictures as I go, but it's going to be a while I promise you that

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thank you all. Unforunately the finished product is MONTHS away most likely. I still need to:

4)Fiberglass door panels and kick panels for Focal speakers (month away probably)

I'll be taking pictures as I go, but it's going to be a while I promise you that
[/b]
Nice man, damn i cant wait to see it finished...I wish i had time to do stuff like that to my interior....but unfortunetly im not that skilled in that type of stuff....and i dont know many ppl here that could do it for me....but good luck and maybe take sum more pics of work in progress... :yesnod:

·
Registered
160 Posts

[/b]
For all of you who are dying your interior why dont you just go to the scrap yard and look for a 6 with black interior in it. I found two of them so far in some scrap yards. You just need to call around. Parts were so cheap to.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm only dying my carpet and that cost $250 new, and I can't exactly take one out of car at a junkyard. The rest of the panels are going to be painted by a body shop.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I'm keeping on schedule with what I said above. My interior is completely gutted out - I dyed my carpet from gray to black and it came out great. Dynamat comes tomorrow, so I'm going to be moving around the factory wires so I can dynamat underneath them.

Gutted interior:

Carpet dyed to black:

I have more pictures, however I don't have a digital camera so they were all taken on cell phones. I'll post more later.

·
Registered
506 Posts
looks Sweet. You are just going to dynamat and not add the foam mat as well. At least on the floor that may be nice to do since the interior is already out.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts