Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I found many comparisons with RP vs. Redline. But what about Amsoil. Who is using it? Out of those users, who used Redline before it.

I am almost due to change my fluid again, I really prefer Redline to Rp, mainly due to cold weather performance. However, the dealer that carries the Redline is now an Amsoil dealer, so I can get both.

I am just looking for experieices before buying the fluid.

Like I said, I have been very happy with MT-90, but always open to different products.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Djquick has it in his tranny, and it i remember right he started with the redline and then switched over to Amsoil. i say if you like the redline stay with it. im going to switch when it warms up here. so i dont have to do it in the cold

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Djquick has it in his tranny, and it i remember right he started with the redline and then switched over to Amsoil. i say if you like the redline stay with it. im going to switch when it warms up here. so i dont have to do it in the cold[/b]
What are your main reasons for switching?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'd recommend Amsoil. Redline makes great performance products. Amsoils products tend to be more for longer drain applications. I'd rather go with something I know will handle extended drains making less maintenance for myself.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Hey Guys,

I found many comparisons with RP vs. Redline. But what about Amsoil. Who is using it? Out of those users, who used Redline before it.

I am almost due to change my fluid again, I really prefer Redline to Rp, mainly due to cold weather performance. However, the dealer that carries the Redline is now an Amsoil dealer, so I can get both.

I am just looking for experieices before buying the fluid.

Like I said, I have been very happy with MT-90, but always open to different products.[/b]
I had Redline MT-90 in my tranny and then I switched to Amsoil,jsut to try it out.I ran both fluids the same amount of mileage and had a Used Oil Analysis done to compare.Amsoil was the better of the two,so I stayed with it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Redline MT-90 in my tranny and then I switched to Amsoil,jsut to try it out.I ran both fluids the same amount of mileage and had a Used Oil Analysis done to compare.Amsoil was the better of the two,so I stayed with it.[/b]
Was performance comparable?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally could tell a difference in cold starts,after it warmed up there is not a big difference,but the UOA speaks for itself.[/b]
Was it more difficult in the cold w\ Amsoil?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
which amsoil are you running? Ive contemplated either the Amsoil Severe Gear EP 75w90 or the Redline MT90.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing