Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I'm stopping by to make a quick post regarding our upcoming Redline Time Attack event at California Speedway on February 10th-11th. We have launched a new portion of our events we call "Circuit Life", which includes all of the support features you would normally expect to find at a racing event:

Car Show
Vendor Midway
Circuit Tech Seminars
Spectator Ride-Alongs (Saturday)

So even if you aren't interested in racing your car or watching cars race, you need to come out to participate in all of the other support activities. Spectator admission is only $20 for Saturday and/or Sunday.

This is just a small example of the teams confirmed to appear at this event:

XS Engineering R-32 Skyline
Full-Race R14 (or their time attack S14)
Skunk2 RSX
JIC/Hankook S15 (or their Mazda RX-8 or 350Z)
AMS EVO
Cobb Tuning Sti
Axis 350Z
Turbonetics VQ-powered S14
Chris Rado's Scion tC

Saturday is an Open Track Day/High Performance Driving Event, open to the public. You do not need to compete in the time attack on Sunday to sign up for Saturday.

More information about the event can be found at our website:

www.RedlineTimeAttack.com

If you have any questions, please shoot us an email or give us a call.

661-992-4384

See you at the track!

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i already requested that whole week off work, so i'll be there for sure. still don't know if my car will be there, but i will be, maybe i'll take the mini out for a few laps to get used to the track if nothing else as i think i'm at another even tthere in March.

if anyone wants to plan a meet/caravan there, let me know and we can set something up. the Redline events are usually a lot of fun, sounds even more so now. not to mention, depending on the setup, if the roval is run for the event, speeds will see the 130+ range?

·
Registered
297 Posts
a caravan...sounds interesting...I'm down if my schedule is open, I hope...I'm finally getting my car back from the shop (a month long wait after the hit and run)...MrTea keep us posted with the plan if there's any...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will be running the infield road course for this event. However, speeds will still be fairly high down the front straight. I expect several cars to surpass the 120mph mark going under the bridge. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Man I want to go to this so bad. We'll have to see.

I thought Rado packed it up and was done?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have an other blue car with dealer plates ....... I might want to re-think this vist due to the tragity two years ago. Don't know if i'm reday to open up 450HP on a road course yet.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I wanna go!!! I have never been so where do I buy tickets?[/b]

Hey everyone!

I'm stopping by to make a quick post regarding our upcoming Redline Time Attack......

More information about the event can be found at our website:

www.RedlineTimeAttack.com

If you have any questions, please shoot us an email or give us a call.

661-992-4384

See you at the track!

Nikolas
[/b]

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i didn't look at Nik.s site yet, but if we just wanna meet up there, i think the only fee will be the gate fee of $5-10 to get into the event. from that point we can do whatever we want. those that want to do more, will have to register through Redline's site.

i just found out a company is having one of my girlfriends co workers drive their Subi for the event, so i'm even more psyched to go. the guy is CRAZY on canyon drives, but i've never seen him on the track before.

....and Nik, hold me a spot, i think i pick up my car in 7 days!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris Rado will definitely be there with the Scion tC...

There is no parking fee... but there is a $20/person entry fee, which is good for the entire weekend. You need to pay for a ticket to get into the garages and the viewing areas for the racing. Tickets are purchased at the facility for this event.

Car Show registration is only $50, and that includes 2 spectators passes. You can register and pay for the car show online or at the event.

Registration for the racing is taken care of online, at our website... www.RedlineTimeAttack.com

Mr Tea,

Hopefully we'll see you out there.. I will have the Fusion there as well. :)

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
does that mean the Fusion will be on track??? i should have my car for sure, though i'll be on street tires, but still fun. I'll be there no matter what Nik, and i think i have a few guys meeting there as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does that mean the Fusion will be on track??? i should have my car for sure, though i'll be on street tires, but still fun. I'll be there no matter what Nik, and i think i have a few guys meeting there as well.[/b]
Im sure I will take it for a few laps on Saturday and use the car to just get around the paddock if needed on Sunday.

Im going to be looking for a buyer for the car soon too.

I've also got a Quaife LSD that will fit the Mazda 5 Speed manual in the 6 that I've got to sell too. :)

I wonder if the spare 2.3L long block from the Fusion will work in the Mazda6? I think it would..... I'll have no need for that spare engine as well.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i know the block would, since i put a focus one in mine, i'm sure they are pretty interchangeable. you'd be better off hitting up the 3 owners about the quaife though, i think i could find you a buyer if there was assistance with the install maybe? and i don't think you would (or i could) but any chance of seperating the head that you had done for the Fusion and selling that? i've got the upgraded works, but not actual head work. just a thought.

i've got at least 1 mazda3 owner meeting me there, so we're slowly picking up some cars.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
so who all wants to plan on meeting up for this? though i know no one shows up when they say they will, i figured having a vague idea is better than none. it would be nice to have a small Mazda group at least.....media coverage should be good, though i don't know which days. a show called "import racer" will be there for sure as well as a few magazines, so chances for pics should be good.

Modified Magazine
Modified Mustangs
Modified Luxury & Exotics
S3 Magazine
C16 Magazine
Nissan Sport Magazine
Drift & RWD Sport Magazine

i'm willing to do a 9+ hour drive in between 11 hour workdays to pick up my car for this....and i'm gonna drag Atom's ass along if we get his car this week as well!

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Event was nice.
Will post pics as soon as my bro edits them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts