Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Had my keyless entry and steering lock replaced one year ago. Have been driving with the key plugged in this year but today it stopped again. Red light, red key, same as before. I'm thinking temperature has something to do with it. It just stopped to -6 c here after a so far mild winter.
Anyone else found out anything more? I think I might have to get rid of the car now.

· Registered
4 Posts
Got a reply from the garage - now they`re saying that the error codes says the steering lock module is faulty.
Summed up - they changed the keyless module a year ago and now the problem was back and they want to replace the steering lock module.

· Registered
3 Posts
So I currently have this problem. Can't even get the car into ON mode to use a diag tool on it. Dealer finally got it to throw a code. The immobilizer and steering rack must be replaced. $3,000 after parts and labor. Bought a used rack and replacing this weekend and will have towed back to the dealer to reprogram.
Hey man, can I find these parts on ebay? Can you supply me with the part numbers please. Thank you.

· Registered
7,852 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought kit of parts off ebay including ignition key module (steering lock/Ignition lock) Keyless entry mudule, main ecu, BCU, dial pod and starter button.... £69... It'll all need instaling and then remapping as I have DPF and EGR deleted but still cheaper than throwing away car!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts