Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in 2 days ill get my Hawk HPS pads so i decided to paint my calipers, question is should i do red or black? My car is a lowered 04 5 door Velocity red 6 and my rims are 18' black, here is a good view of my rims in the link. rotors are rotora from the RPM store as well. these rims are 90% like mine except i had them make the middle black and with black lugs, so the only chrome i have is the lip and the center piece, now i need a color for my calipers.

http://www.momocanada.com/momo/newpart.php

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Your link doesn't show the picture of the mag ... the answer is easy ; red ! Even if your 6 is red , the focused area of the wheel is majority black with a portion of chrome , so having red will bring a complementary contrast to the whole picture .

You might want to paint your discs black to prevent rust and be more pleasing to the eyes as I have .... even if your discs are (if) zinc-protected ; eventually they will rust (surface rust) .

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with red. Unless you don't want them to stand out, then you should go with black, to keep a stealth look to your wheels. Both will look good.

I just painted mine red this past weekend, and I was between the same two color choices. I have a Steel Grey, so I chose red and I am happy with the decision. I figured black wouldn't stand out nearly as much.

Post some pics when your done :yesnod:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was wondering if anyone sells aftermarket calipers for the 6. I've tried many searches but havent seen any aftermarket calipers. I dont really like the look of the stock caliper. Any good companies out there?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is but your looking at some big names and some big $$, ive yet to see any cheaper replacements other than the normal Brembo, rotora, wilwood kits. They are all also 2-4 piston brakes as well.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
paint the calipers red with a black mazda emblem on them that would look real nice.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Well in 2 days ill get my Hawk HPS pads so i decided to paint my calipers, question is should i do red or black? My car is a lowered 04 5 door Velocity red 6 and my rims are 18' black
[/b]
Wow, I have the exact same car, my rims are gunmetal with a chrome lip tho, and I was wondering the same thing. I decided to go with the red because I want them to stand out. The red contrast with the black and/or gunmetal will look really good. :yesnod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts