Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried asking Scorpion6 about this but I get no responce from him (or her i suppose :D ) Anyway, I don't know much (overstatement) about electrical wiring, my question is how is the red wire (link below) 'plugged' into the fuse box? Is it squeezed in with a fuse that's already there? Or is there a special type of fuse that allows you to do this? Or, for those that have done this mod, if you have a better installation method I would like to know.

Here's the How-To by Scorpion6:

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about408.html&...light=scorpion6

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
looks like he pulled the fuse and just pluged it back in with the wire being pinched

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I pulled the "room" fuse stripped off about a 1/4" if wire and inserted it into the fuse slot and put the fuse back in its place.

When the doors open the sills light up :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the "room" fuse stripped off about a 1/4" if wire and inserted it into the fuse slot and put the fuse back in its place.

When the doors open the sills light up :)
[/b]
"Room" fuse, which fuse is that? I don't want to assume the fuse box in the picture is exactly like mine. What is this "room" fuse labeled or how would i go about lacating this specific fuse? Why does it feel i'm walking right into asking a stupid question, maybe by "room" fuse you mean the name for this method; since you're making "room" for the wire. anyway I appreciate further help PRacing, specially since i'm going to be purchasing the red two tone light up door sills from your site. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
SLVR04M6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing