41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
QUOTE (franchize @ Nov 18 2009, 07:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1617768
Bad sensor. Which could be any of them. They are all around the car.

or

Battery is dead in the key FOB.[/b]
Mine is blinking. I dont think anyone on here says theirs was blinking. I know where tehy all are. I have the electrical manual, but I didnt see anything on there for what a blinking red car with key icon means.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
QUOTE (aviator79 @ Nov 19 2009, 07:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1617910
Mine is blinking. I dont think anyone on here says theirs was blinking. I know where tehy all are. I have the electrical manual, but I didnt see anything on there for what a blinking red car with key icon means.[/b]

That's what a flashing red car key light means. It can't detect the FOB. A WDS at the dealer will trouble shoot this in 5 minutes.

It's probably the battery in the FOB. Or a sensor isn't working, if so, it would probably be the one in the driver door or in the cabin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The blinking red car is normal when you lock the doors, it's the security light. My red KEY light came on today and my door/trunk buttons no longer work. It sounds like I may need a new antenna. I exposed my car to cold weather and snow this month, so that may have caused it. Nobody has posted what the dealer charges for this fix, I'll let you know when I take it in.

I

·
0 Posts
I had this problem a few years ago ('09 model) and after replacing the key batteries I found that the only thing that fixed it was replacing the car battery which wasn't charging effectively. It's to do with the connection between the signal between the key and the car. I've now got the problem again which is why I was on this forum hoping for a better answer. I've had it for weeks so the advice in the manual is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Am resigned to replacing the car battery again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im haveing this same problem on my 09 mazda 6. The red key light has been on for a month now and after some reading it seems that the antenna under the rear bumper is the main culprit. Checked the antenna under the rear bumper with a volt meter and determined it was dead. Put the new antenna on last night and the red key light went off and my keyless entry worked as it should. Made a couple small trips around town and it worked great. Left for work this morning and about a mile into my trip the red key light came back on. Got to work and tested the locks with the key fob and it will lock all doors but will only unlock drivers door again. any thoughts of what i should check for now....

·
Registered
2 Posts
most likely a antenna issue. my brother had a problem with his rx-8 that was exactly what you are experiencing and they have to replace 2 antennas.
Same problem here....just got it fixed from the dealership yesterday and everything is working perfectly. I sure did miss the auto locking feature and pressing the door handle button to lock or unlock. Viva la Mazda!! :love:

Hi i would like to ask you or anyone if there is a fee to inspect this issue?
I just called mazda and they want to charge $160 jut to diagnosed the problen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i would like to ask you or anyone if there is a fee to inspect this issue?
I just called mazda and they want to charge $160 jut to diagnosed the problen?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts