Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Red Flag was a joint venture in Alaska and the whole purpose was to check how the Homeland Military would be in an " in your face " conflict.
These 2 F16's were in Livery colors of the opposing nation(s).
Thought some of you may like this shot. You will not see this on the news or in the papers. So best save to Wallpaper if you want it.
And YES, to those whom may question. I DO have Authority acknowledgement to release public. :thumpup:

P.S. The Orange is AME( Alternate Mission Equipment) for Airborne Instrumentation Testing of advanced technologies.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Da I saw this photo on AF.mil. The colors of the 64th Aggressor Squadron is quite the favorite of many Viper fans, including me. What block are they flying nowadays in that pic? 42? 50?
[/b]
42 is the mainstay.
50 is in midst of Update to Advanced Tactical. As you can see, both have the AME for testing.
I had this last week, as I work for LM Aero. Yet until they let AF release, I could not. And as you know, many do not know of these sites for pulling some of the latest TDY's.
My son was up there, so I got a blow by blow from inside work and from him( what he could legitimately tell me). Even with my status, need to know is still a neccessity :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Awesome shots!

Here is a favorite of mine......A FB-111 hitting afterburners while dumping fuel. A dangerous stunt performed many times by 'Hot-shot' pilots and co-pilpots.

[attachmentid=12638]

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
Awesome shots!

Here is a favorite of mine......A FB-111 hitting afterburners while dumping fuel. A dangerous stunt performed many times by 'Hot-shot' pilots and co-pilpots.
[attachmentid=12638]
[/b]
NOW THAT'S SHOCK & AWE!!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's cos we have less civilians to burn to a firey crisp if something goes wrong down here!
[/b]
:nana: Sometimes it's great living in one of the main military training areas - ie Tornados, Jaguars, Hawks, etc are cleared down to 50 feet AGL, and 600+ knots. Nothing like a good wakeup call!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good stuff, but I'm more of a rotary wing aircraft fan myself :D

I may have fun in my mazda, but I have more fun in my other baby pulling almost 3700 hp:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Man, I did 2 years in the 36th TFS (Flying Fiends!) at Osan AB, ROK as their intel guy. That was when they transitioned from the block 30s to the block 42s. They HATED the 42s...they were SLOW and handled like shiite compared to the 40s, because the 42s had the Pratt and Shitney engines instead of the GEs.

I did get a back seat ride in a block 42 while there. THat was hella fun. We did a full LANTIRN ingress and egress with a nice time bombing at Kuun Ni range. LOVED the higher-G stuff--the bombing portion of it. Wasn't too wild about the low-level ingress and egress. When that computer says you're staying at 500 feet, it means 500.00 friggin feet. Every stinkin house gave us a negative G. Ugh.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Raynman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing