Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still running OEM discs and pads at the front, OEM disc and OEM once replaced pads at the rear. I'm really impressed that previous owner was so cautious with the car and that OEM factory parts are still in good shape after 10 years and 108 000 km or 67 000 miles.

I'm a spirited driver, but car won't go near track, it's for daily driving only. I guess I don't need sloted or drilled discs, but I want something with high carbon percentage and coated for good corrosion resistance.

What would be recommended to buy?

P.s. I'll do stage 1 chip tuning on the car so something more sport oriented would be preffered.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,729 Posts
I'm still running OEM discs and pads at the front, OEM disc and OEM once replaced pads at the rear. I'm really impressed that previous owner was so cautious with the car and that OEM factory parts are still in good shape after 10 years and 108 000 km or 67 000 miles.

I'm a spirited driver, but car won't go near track, it's for daily driving only. I guess I don't need sloted or drilled discs, but I want something with high carbon percentage and coated for good corrosion resistance.

What would be recommended to buy?

P.s. I'll do stage 1 chip tuning on the car so something more sport oriented would be preffered.
Hello. I have had very good luck with Centric products. I am currently using StopTech Street pads
Part Detail
And a 13" slotted rotor from an MPS (I believe will also fit your Mk2).

Whatever you get be sure to follow proper bedding procedure (PDF) and I am sure it will give you a lot of life.

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
13" disc won't fit standard mk2 caliper... I'd have to get MPS calipers also and other goodies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts