Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good, professional and trustworthy place to have an alarm installed locally. My goal is to have all the wires hidden and a stock appearance so it's difficult to determine where the alarm runs an how to disable it.

Also, if you have any recommedations of what alarm to get and where to get it, that would be great!

·
Registered
382 Posts
went to a place in manassas... my dad searched around and found them to be the best ones (since he was paying i wasnt gonna argue)... got the viper xv791 for 300, the bypass module for 100, and the install for 200... they are quite happy and willing to set the system up any way you want it... when i first got it though i noticed they had set the sensitivity just about all the way down (i know because i rocked, kicked (my wheels, HARD), and even punched the damn thing and it didnt even put out a warning chirp)... their location is not in the least bit conveinant, their prices suck (so i've been told), but they have pretty good customer service... as for wires... the only one i've ever seen is the one connecting to my hood pin in my engine compartment...

hope that helps a little

·
Registered
108 Posts
do a search for a local Tweeter home and mobile entertainment. their mobile Install team is great and can design a great audio system. if you dont have the alarm i'd ask them about some of the products they carry. SR6000 , S660 or a viper alarm would be the way i would go.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, so far people have recommended Bestbuy, circuit city and Tweeter as well as the viper alarms!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks guys, so far people have recommended Bestbuy, circuit city and Tweeter as well as the viper alarms!
[/b]
bestbuy :nono: :zzz: :thefing: :kissass: :jackoff: :barf:

get the picture?? great product selection but installers suk!!! just thought id let you know. bunch of h/s kids just getting started in the biz. if u want a quality install see the guys in the above mentioned store. they will give you the best deal and give you 60 days to find a better price.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Best Buy is fine, as long as you get a good one. I take offense to that. :glare: I installed for them and was certainly not HS. In fact, everybody I worked with was over 21. We had all been there for 3 or more years so we were certainly not "just getting started in the biz". I came from a custom shop before that. Just don't expect anything special or custom from them. Everything is straight forward.

Dave,

Why can't I install one for you? Wait, I'm not local.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
bestbuy is crap. dont take the risk of trusting your car to them. there is a place called car stereo systems at arlington blvd and grahm rd in falls church.. those guys are great... and prices are pretty good too.. they are a viper authorized dealer.. check them out..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I will say again....Best buy is fine. Why all the hate? It's not like he's looking for a custom job. All installers are supposed to wire them to look like stock wiring, whther they work for "big box" stores or not. You need to have gone to school for it or at least be MECP certified to install for them. They don't let just anybody install. Installing an alarm is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I will say again....Best buy is fine. Why all the hate? It's not like he's looking for a custom job. All installers are supposed to wire them to look like stock wiring, whther they work for "big box" stores or not. You need to have gone to school for it or at least be MECP certified to install for them. They don't let just anybody install. Installing an alarm is a piece of cake.
[/b]
me> :kissass:<bestbuy

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ll have to check around. :lurk:

Actually Dan I was thinking of you with this as well, but seeing that I have you do all my electrical work ;) , I didn't want to overburden you, especially since this time I don't have any parts to exchange :p

Speaking of that, I need some help with those fogs and my DDE's, you up for another one, though this time we must have beer and no bad connections that get me towed home :nana:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Money, we don't need no stinking money!!

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
me> :kissass:<bestbuy
[/b]
That is the funniest smilie I have ever seen LOL!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
LapisLazuli6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing