Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PDF (16 pages) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4qBOuKeCdKTOUJ1T19sai1NUjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Subject:

WIND NOISE FROM DOOR WINDOW EDGE(S) AT 37 MPH OR HIGHER

Bulletin No: 09-036/14

Last Issued: 08/29/2014

2014-2015 MAZDA6 - WIND NOISE FROM DOOR WINDOW EDGE(S)AT 37 MPH OR HIGHER

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014-2015 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 GJ ****** 167429 (produced before January 07, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a wind noise from the door window edge(s), while driving. The wind noise is most pronounced at approximately 50 mph (81 km/h) on a smooth road. The wind noise may be caused by air pass-
ing through gaps between the door edge and the corresponding body panel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HOORAY! Finally a fix! I guess I can "reveal" now that my dealership figured out the initial "put the tape here" to determine what is wrong. They asked me not to tell everyone publicly to fix it with tape. I am calling them today to get my car in!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes x10000000000000000000000000000000000000

Setting up the appt now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

ok, maybe that's a bit much... but IFLU fo real dawg!.. still too much..? w/e..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Read this thread just before I was heading to the dealer to pick up my car (3rd OCI and canister recall work). I immediately got an appointment for this TSB next Tuesday. I am really excited to see Mazda come up with this fix for wind noise was the biggest grouse I had against M6 which otherwise is an excellent car. I hope this brings about a significant improvement , let's keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You guys are lucky. My servicing dealer who as always been on their A+Game wasn't aware of this yet o_O. I literally had my car in for service and asked about it DAYS before the TSB says it was issued. (2 Friday's ago). Nothing yet in stone as far as an appt.. :/

·
Registered
370 Posts
You guys are lucky. My servicing dealer who as always been on their A+Game wasn't aware of this yet o_O. I literally had my car in for service and asked about it DAYS before the TSB says it was issued. (2 Friday's ago). Nothing yet in stone as far as an appt.. :/
My dealer was also not aware. I showed him the printout of the TSB, he logged into his system and found it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
yeah, I'm hoping to hear back soon. They have 4 guys and run through about 50 cars a day, lol. One counter guy, One master tech/service writer and advisor who never stops running and 3 technicians. I give a little like everyone else for the remarkable quality they offer, lol. As of today still waiting, they've been as busy as I have at work, haha but he has the 16 pages to go over and the bulletin number to put the request in to mazda. This guy calls me by first name when I call in... maybe I'm a pest? LOL.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If I'm not experiencing any wind noise but my car falls within the TSB... Should I contact my dealer and go ahead with this fixed anyways?
Personally, I would. Think of it this way, as the car ages, wind noises will become more obvious as the seals weaken. It may be there, and just not at a frequency that bothers you for now. Later on when it becomes worse, even though you fall within the TSB since it is not a full on recall, you would be responsible for the repair costs. It is a bit of frustration to deal with, but I think long term it's well worth it. (GM issues a TSB for roof and sail panel bubbles on the 4th gen Fbody, they STILL wanted to charge me $800 to replace and repair the roof on my car! (discounted some but for pete's sake that's insane for a known problem that doesn't appear for 5-10 years depending on sun exposure! wish the prior owner had taken it in while under warranty... one owner when I bought it 6 years ago with 71K on the clock :/)

I find it funny that the corporate exec I talked to about this wrote it off as aerodynamic designs affecting the car and causing the noise... -.- (one year ago almost exactly now)

Reactions: Driverr6

·
Registered
458 Posts
okay so I just made an appointment for Friday, they're going to have a technician take a ride with me to verify noise. Is this a fix that I'm going to have to pull teeth to get them to do or do I just present the TSB and it should be an automatic fix?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Depends on how you're dealer is. I would present the TSB first. I've brought up wind noise to my dealer several times, so they didn't hesitate about anything when I told them, they're just researching and ordering parts before I go in, lol.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
When I bring my Touring in for it's 18mo/15,000mi OCI, I will arrange this TSB via my Mazda Corporate CS contact (as always, for anything warranty related) and have him coordinate with my new service dealer of choice...for a hassle free service visit.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Oh man, your service departments must hate you! At the end of the TSB it says about 7 hours total labor. That's with one tech doing it all. Talk about a lot of work.

I'm almost afraid to bring this up to my dealer.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts