Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one for you guys. I had my MS6 in for a CEL today and the dealer told me that I needed the emissions recall completed, so they conducted that reflash for powerloss.

When I asked about the reflash, the service manager told me that the reflash increases boost by 2.7psi.

I figured I would throw that out to the board for discussion :) Has anyone heard the same? Or confirmed/denied with a boost guage?

-Mike

·
Registered
875 Posts
Here is one for you guys. I had my MS6 in for a CEL today and the dealer told me that I needed the emissions recall completed, so they conducted that reflash for powerloss.

When I asked about the reflash, the service manager told me that the reflash increases boost by 2.7psi.

I figured I would throw that out to the board for discussion :) Has anyone heard the same? Or confirmed/denied with a boost guage?

-Mike
[/b]

LOL...my boost stayed at just about 15psi.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
your dealer is full of shit. Service managers don't know anything. They are customer service representatives; they have no car knoweledge.

·
Registered
51 Posts
rofl....best one yet!

·
Registered
275 Posts
your dealer is full of shit. Service managers don't know anything. They are customer service representatives; they have no car knoweledge.
[/b]
Painting with an awefully broad brush aren't we?

Although I completely agree with the first sentence :)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
you should tell him you have a boost gauge, then sue him if it doesnt raise it by 2.7psi for false advertising. :D

·
Registered
940 Posts

-Mike
[/b]
Well my service manager said it would raise it by 3.2psi, but at full boost, all the windows would automatically roll down - they hoped to fix the glitch in the next release. ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
when i asked my dealer about my reflash he said it would add another gear...now if i could just find the damn thing I'd be all set

your dealer is pulling your leg

·
Registered
378 Posts

-Mike
[/b]
Suburban Mazda of Troy I am guessing?

Bunch of f-tards.

·
Registered
820 Posts
you never know where the 2..7psi will be added, there could have been a flat spot at 4138rpm or something and they added 2.7 to bring it back to the curve haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts