Mazda 6 Forums banner

Reasons Why Mazda 6 Park Indicator Doesn't Light / Car Won't Start In Park

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Archerfish 
#1 ·
Short Story: Doe anyone have a .PDF copy of the 2005 Mazda 6 Wiring Diagrams they can share?

Long Story: I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with an Automatic transmission. My car started giving me an intermittent problem with starting when the shifter is in the Park position. Also, I notice that when this happens the P light indicator on the center of the dash doesn't light. So the computer doesn't think the car is in Park, but it is. The car will, however, always start in Neutral. I heard that the cause might be the Neutral Safety Switch and watched a video on A1Auto.com and replaced it according to those instructions (it was only about $30.00). I know it's installed correctly, but the problem is still there exactly as it was before. Some people say that cleaning the cable attachment point on the Automatic transmission input lever might cure the problem, however, the outside of my transmission looks like it was installed last week (maybe because I live in Florida). It really is immaculate! . Another guy suggested adjusting the Park Interlock Cable length in the console. All of these probabilities can be narrowed down if we could only get our hands on a wiring diagram for the Park Indicator light. If we know how the circuitry works that causes that light to come on (meaning the computer senses the car is in Park) then we can troubleshoot this issue logically instead of just "trying" things. Does anyone have a .PDF copy of the 2005 Mazda 6 Wiring Diagrams they can share?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.