Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the rear wiper on the wagon? I just removed the old blade, but the new blade doesn't fit. :swearin: Which brands work?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mine just broke too, the blade was worn enough that it detached from the assembly.

I think you need to replace just the blade but not the entire assembly. I was just being lazy and figured it's in the manual but haven't checked yet. Keep us posted. It would be insane if you had to go to the dealer to replace a wiper blade!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I replaced the one on my waggon recently. Could not get just the blade, but the blade and its backing (not the complete arm) from the dealer was cheap, about £7 I think.
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called all of my local dealers and nobody had one in stock. The guy at Manhattan Mazda (the Ford/Mazda factory dealership) told me that he had never even seen one before. I just ordered one from Jim Click Mazda Parts. It was less than $20 with shipping. Hopefully it will get here soon.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
it should be here tomorrow then out to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
be careful swapping those out, if you pull back the arm without first removing the cover over the pivot, it is possible to break the arm. I had to get mine at the dealer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alternative source?

As previously mentioned:

Yes, it is a dealer item only. That is if you want it to match.

Yes, you MUST remove the pivot cover. Then the wiper blade comes off easy.

Now for the possible alternative source. The 2012 Focus looks like it uses the exact same wiper blade. So maybe it's cheaper through the Ford dealer? I haven't checked myself but it is a possible option.

Michael

·
Rally Racer
1,756 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing