Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get rid of my "amber" rear turn signal bulbs... I either A) want to replace it with a red bulb... or B) want to mod the vehicle so that the non-trunk bread light blinks instead...

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=35380&st=0

^^^^ Is a good listing of bulbs and such.. but I didn't see anything about rear-turn signals not being amber... has anyone seen a posting or done a mod similar to what i'm looking for?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have chrome that flash red. I've had them in since 04 with no problem, if you look on your daily drive half the cars have red flashing stock anyway.

Are you looking to making both clear into reverse and the red brake lights?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
??? Now i'm confused....

Rear Turn Signals Can be Amber or Red... I want them to be red =) However I don't want to mess with voltage... anything... which is required to make LED's work... or they blink super fast as if the bulb is burnt out...

Anyway I'll keep looking around. But i've yet to find a rear bulb replacement thats red...

I don't care what the bulb "looks" like as much as it being a good.. deep red color... Problem is.. MOST..... well every Red breaklight i've seen is red because of the reflectors and plastic.. not because of the bulb.. and every after-market red LED i've seen isn't nearly bright enough... I attempted this on my Civic years ago... maybe LED's have advanced since then.. or I just picked the wrong one...

·
Administrator
2021 Mazda6 Carbon Edition
8,635 Posts
not because of the bulb.. and every after-market red LED i've seen isn't nearly bright enough... I attempted this on my Civic years ago...
[/b]
I've had red bulbs in my rear turn-signals, but they lasted exactly one day, when I got tired of them flashing PINK, not red. And yes, pretty much every single red-tined bulb I've seen is pink when lit, not cool.

BTW, there WAS a pinned thread with all the 6's bulb sizes, which would help you to track down what you want. I can't find it though...

·
Registered
651 Posts
I don't know if these are what you're looking for or not. Seems like to get a true red you will have to try out a couple different bulbs/brands/covers.

Hyper Red
and
Super Red

or Bulb Covers

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Sorry, not trying to confuss you.
I purchase them from autolumination.com in 04

I took a quick picture of the bulb, they are red.

Chrome day time

Blinker

Blinker with parking light

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.