Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen an item on ebay that I would like to get to protect the opening area on my spped6. What I want to know is if the top part of the rear bumper is the same on the 6s. Would a part that fits the regular 6 fit my speed6? It says that it will in the ad but I don' totally trust it since it is in Hong Kong. Kinda hard to return if it is not the right part. Check it out..

Mazda 6 Mazdaspeed Matt Boot Entry Protector Cover JDM
Item number: 150026024019

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-Maz...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have seen an item on ebay that I would like to get to protect the opening area on my spped6. What I want to know is if the top part of the rear bumper is the same on the 6s. Would a part that fits the regular 6 fit my speed6? It says that it will in the ad but I don' totally trust it since it is in Hong Kong. Kinda hard to return if it is not the right part. Check it out..
Mazda 6 Mazdaspeed Matt Boot Entry Protector Cover JDM
Item number: 150026024019
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-6-Maz...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks
[/b]
damn.. I want one of those on my 6s.. I would like to cover up that scratchy spot... I've never seen a speed6's backend.. so I cant compare.. sorry... why dont you buy it for me.. :) lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thats ugly as hell!
[/b]
you're ugly...

lol.. I just want it to cover up those scratches... you think THAT thing is ugly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats ugly as hell!
[/b]

I would not want it on a dark color car but with a silver car, it would not stand out at all. The question was not if it looked good, that is personal opinion. The question was will it fit?
thanks
Brett

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree, I wouldn't add that to a dark colour car but to the titanium/grey, it would be fine.

If you want to protect that bumper part from scratches (from setting a golf bag on it, or whatever), I would recommend just getting the same 3M protection used for the hood and bumper. A small strip like that wouldn't cost much at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What I had done to protect that area was to have the clear bra guy custom cut a piece for that area. He also custom cut pieces behind the rear wheels on the bumper since there are no mud guards for this car. I would highly recommend this solution as it does not really stand out and is hardly noticable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts