Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm thinking about removing the rear seats on my hatchback. I know how to do it on the sedan, but the rear seats on the hatch seem to be anchored differently. I'm wondering if anyone has done so to-date, and can provide a brief how-to. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own as well, but I thought I'd ask in any case.

I did :search: but got no results :)

TIA

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sorry to threadjack, but after you do this can you tell me if there is room to fit amp(s) under the seats? I was thinking/figuring how to set this up today at work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did it. Took me.. about 1/2-1hour to collect the right tools and unscrew and unbolt everything. Its going to take me even longer to put everything back in. I don't think theres space for an amp. There is no real clearance between the seat and the floor unless you cut into the the bottom of the seat itself which is in my opinion more of a hassle. I can take pictures of the "aftermath" of taking the rear seats out of the hatchback in about 2-3 weeks once I get a camera.

How to remove rear seats? (It's been a long while since I did but heres a rough idea)
Well, I don't remember all the steps but you start by
-unbolting at the bottom of the seats
seat bottom should rise up now, unbolt any bolts you find
-remove the plastic tabs that connect at the rear
-unbolt whatever connects to the seats to the rear
-disconnect the seatbelt tensioners
I don't remember much after that.. basically just keep unscrewing and unbolting stuff that connects to the seats.

Problem is making sure you have the correct sized tools and since Mazda being a "Ford", theres a couple specialty tools you'll need from Sears. I don't remember exactly which ones.. but you'll find out when you start finding bolts you can't unbolt.

I think I just gave the worst advice ever^^^

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes it's fairly simple, and Titanium's instructions are pretty much what you have to do (don't forget to take off the plastic covers over the bolts). I remember you need a star shaped gm wrench (for the belt i believe) but forget the sizes of the bolts. I had to take them out for my leather seats but they're pretty much back in now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.