Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They fill out the rear wells nicely, making the wheels seem less recessed. The front and rear wells match now, rather than just the front having mud guards- this gives the car a tougher look, like a four-wheel-drive look. They're pretty much impossible to see in the pictures, but here they are anyway:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Rear mud guards

Poor-mans Subaru or what ? :D

What really strikes me on those pics - the bulges on the rear lights are HUUGE!! :)

·
Registered
510 Posts

Yep, they are great to have when you drive on alot of dirty & dusty roads, they help prevent grime from spraying up onto the side of your car....

We have them as Standard on our 6's in Oz except for models with the Lower Body Spoilers, as they impede with the fitting of them..

·
Registered
124 Posts

I'm with Blackbird...

How ugly are those tail lights. Give me the clear lenses that sit flush with the side of the car any day.

Back to the mud guards... they do look great when you don't have a body kit fitted. My wagon hits the dirt to get rugrat 1 to kinder, and I would hate to think how dirty the car would be without them.

I haven't had a chance to see if we have it or not in OZ, but would it be possible to use that 3M front protector stuff as an alternative to mud guards when a body kit is fitted - I don't want to ruin the kit on my hatch in the short or long term?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I rather like the red lights, here in the States, the clear altezza lights have become sonomous with "Ricers", regardless of of wether they are stock or not. Toyota still uses them in many Lexus models which given thier target audience, I find amusing. but to each his own

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Yes they do... A pity. I think red light without the bulge would look great as well.

But hey for once :D Lets not speak about lights. Poor Strech, he got his thread hijacked.

Let's speak about the mudgards :)

I can't really saythe car looks any better... Not worse either... But they sure are usefull. But you miss out on the "ooh that guy has been out rallying on the mudroads" looks when you have mud spray all over the car and a big smile in the face :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Rear mud guards'

in here ... those are coming as a standart ....... as well as the clear backlights and the Chrome Fuel lid , sunroof , Xenon Headlights , Headlight Washers .... those are included in the price already and comes as standart ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

You get clear lights becasue your car is made in Japan. It's only the North American cars that have red lights.

But you get chrome fuel door and sunroof as standard?! That's something new! Sunroof might not be such a bad idea though where you live :)

·
Registered
142 Posts

Red lights me likes!.....Clear lights yikes! Just kid'n....I think they all look good....For christ sakes it a MAZDA6!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts

I agree, I like the red lights a lot better than the altezza-style (especially on my color, Steel Grey). Now maybe if I could see how it would look with the tinted ones...hmmm...

Back OnTopic, Stretch - where did you get the extra Mud Flaps? The dealer? Plus, Your Redfire looks very red, almost JDM red. Is it always that bright or is it just the lighting?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I put on those mud guards too. Not for the looks (I'm not so sure they help any); but to protect the rear bumper from being sprayed with sand and stones.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The color accuracy of my digital camera isn't very good- the red isn't actually that red. In bright enough sunlight it can be close.

I got the mud guards from my dealer, which was about the same price as online (but no shipping).

I wasn't worried about the rear bumper being sprayed with stones too much, but I HATE being behind a car that's spraying things (even water); and I don't want to be part of the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Good thinking. In Sweden, there used to be a law demanding use of mud guards, but they took it away. Shame!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts