Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few days ago I hear a good pop from the back end. I get under the car and notice that the bottom bolt on the rear passenger side end link is gone and the end link is now curled up on its self. The bootom of the end link is now up by the top that bolts up to the sway bar. I'll get photos up some time today or tomorrow. What I need to know and i've searched, is what size is the bolt that goes thru the lower part of the end link? The local Mazda dealer was no help in the size and it was well after i left i thought about asking about the Fusion's bolt spec's. The guy said somethign about not havign bolt specs for Mazda, only the Fords and like.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Awong124 @ Jun 8 2008, 10:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1364622
The dealer might not have the specs, but they must have the part number for it and be able to order that particular bolt. If you want one why not just ask them to order one for you, it can't cost more than a few bucks.[/b]
Ideally someone on here would know it. That way I can pick up a harder one from Lowes or Home Depot. This is the second time in the last 3 yrs that the bolt has vibrated out or just plain snapped in half. If i have to, i'll stop by the dealer again on Monday and try again. If i get one from them, I'll take it over to the hardware store and find one that is harder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a very simlar problem on my Fusion (same endlink, bar, and bolt). While I can't help with the bolt size, I can tell you that most Ford dealerships do carry that bolt in stock. They came as a pair, and I think I paid less than $5.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
QUOTE (fireguy1578 @ Jun 8 2008, 12:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1364630
Ideally someone on here would know it. That way I can pick up a harder one from Lowes or Home Depot. This is the second time in the last 3 yrs that the bolt has vibrated out or just plain snapped in half. If i have to, i'll stop by the dealer again on Monday and try again. If i get one from them, I'll take it over to the hardware store and find one that is harder.[/b]
Even with RB bar, I've never heard of an issue with this bolt. It's 10mm x 50mm. Trick is the fine 1.25 mm thread, vs standard 1.5 for 10mm (1.0 is xtra fine).

FWSM says 32-45 ft-lbs

The nut is welded on:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/mazd...tx/HPIM0048.jpg (from sticky)

Make sure it's not cross threaded by a 1.5mm pitch bolt.

Bolt on the other side seems hard enough .....

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (KevinK2 @ Jun 10 2008, 08:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1366407
Even with RB bar, I've never heard of an issue with this bolt. It's 10mm x 50mm. Trick is the fine 1.25 mm thread, vs standard 1.5 for 10mm (1.0 is xtra fine).

FWSM says 32-45 ft-lbs

The nut is welded on:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/mazd...tx/HPIM0048.jpg (from sticky)

Make sure it's not cross threaded by a 1.5mm pitch bolt.

Bolt on the other side seems hard enough .....[/b]
Thanks man. The last time i had some work done I don't think the shop torqued the bolts down and didn't use a little loc-tite. The snapping happend cause the drive way is way to steep and I have to come in at a pretty angle to get up without scraping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts