Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if a 2003 6i has the front grill with the crome strip, does that mean that the rear has the crome piece aswell?

If so, is there a piece to switch that to the body color; like the front sport grill does?

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1301
I found this, but no body colored piece. Does that mean you can just take off the "Crome rear finisher"?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hey guys, if a 2003 6i has the front grill with the crome strip, does that mean that the rear has the crome piece aswell?

If so, is there a piece to switch that to the body color; like the front sport grill does?

http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1301
I found this, but no body colored piece. Does that mean you can just take off the "Crome rear finisher"?
[/b]

Yes you can just take it off...but you will need one to put in its place. Not sure where you can get a body color one...maybe a junk yard car?

I just sold the chrome finished I had. Its really easy to take off. You will need I think a 10mm socket with a deep head b/c the bolt is rather long. Then under the trunk hood you should be able to look up under and un-bolt them. One is attached to the trunk light, but you will need to take it off. After the 3 are off just pull up and out and it should slide right out...Not sure what you would replace it with though....

Goodluck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can just take it off...but you will need one to put in its place. Not sure where you can get a body color one...maybe a junk yard car?

I just sold the chrome finished I had. Its really easy to take off. You will need I think a 10mm socket with a deep head b/c the bolt is rather long. Then under the trunk hood you should be able to look up under and un-bolt them. One is attached to the trunk light, but you will need to take it off. After the 3 are off just pull up and out and it should slide right out...Not sure what you would replace it with though....

Goodluck
[/b]

So what did you replace yours with? Man, I wish they made a part the same color as the body... Geez...

·
Registered
470 Posts
So what did you replace yours with? Man, I wish they made a part the same color as the body... Geez...
[/b]

When i bought the car it had the chrome finisher on it that was aftermarket. Luckily the guy kept the body color one and i swapped them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts