Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge bug problem in the Midwest and have a white Mazda6.. I love the car but have never had a car catch so many bugs in my life. Is the clear bra easier to clean bugs off than the car itself? I don't know what to do. I could kick myself for buying white. I live in the middle of St Louis and Memphis, near Cape Girardeau, MO and I don't know who does the clear bras or which ones are good and bad, so please advise. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
319 Posts
i had a clear bra, made the mistake of not buying one with a clear coat, so the bra got cloudy. Cleaning the bra was simple, just like washing your car, you could use a bug cleaner that you spray on as well

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Ok, do not get the Mazda bra unless you plan to only use it on road trips. Dirt and grime get underneath that bra and go to town on your paint. Then there is also the issue of paint fading.

Now for the clear bra, I have it on my black speed6 for about 3 years. It is still clear, but has a few stains from bugs. Nothing to huge/visible, but something to look out for. This is significant only because I wash down the bra after every trip. It has not yellowed yet though, and is not peeling anywhere. I went with Venture Shield clear bra because they have a life time warranty on yellowing, and I do not recall 3M offering that. It is expensive though, I think I paid around $600 for hood, fenders, mirrors, and bumper.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I've found bugs come right off either with soaping/soaking that area first while I wash the rest of the car, of I use a terry-cloth wash rag. No problems even after 7 hour road trips to Gateway Intl. or Road America.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i contemplated the clear bra b4 buying the mazda bra. i chose the mazda bra b/c i ONLY use it on road trips and just make sure to not follow close behind people. my reason for buying was road chips. not bugs. reading your use i would suggest the clear one without a doubt as the mazda will trap unwanteds under it and mar your finish even more than the bugs you are trying to protect it from

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i had a 3m clear bra on my old tiburon before i bought my mazda6, and i never had a single problem with it. it even saved my bumper and paint when i got in a accident. stuff is really great. just make sure the person doing the install knows what there doing. and has a good warrentee.

theres no way in hell in ever install one of the fabric bra's. ive seen the hell those things do to paint over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts