Mazda 6 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took my wife's 2013 Mazda-3 sport (85,xxx miles)in for an oil change, (her daddy told her to always take the car to the dealership, and I am not going against HER daddy's rules)
I noticed her Average MPG was 31.8, and her car has been 90% highway commuting, and she drives it like the econo-box it is

Meanwhile my 2015 Mazda-6 sport w/MT @ 60,xxx miles, NOT driven like an econ-box avg MPG 28.8, and maybe 40% highway
NOT bad, for a larger car, driven by a guy, with a heavy right foot

·
Registered
542 Posts
I took my wife's 2013 Mazda-3 sport (85,xxx miles)in for an oil change, (her daddy told her to always take the car to the dealership, and I am not going against HER daddy's rules)
I noticed her Average MPG was 31.8, and her car has been 90% highway commuting, and she drives it like the econo-box it is

Meanwhile my 2015 Mazda-6 sport w/MT @ 60,xxx miles, NOT driven like an econ-box avg MPG 28.8, and maybe 40% highway
NOT bad, for a larger car, driven by a guy, with a heavy right foot
I reset mine every fill up. I wonder if she has ever reset hers, or how often. That number was include all the idling, etc etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have '18 GTR w/ a daily 80mi commute with a 65/35 hwy/city split averaging 28.9 and that is done mostly right lane cruising at 65. On the hwy, the DIC displays a 39-40 mph average at 65 but in stop and go for the final 35% of the commute it gets brought down to 29mpgs

·
Registered
89 Posts
My overall fuel economy is 40 MPG. See my signature for full details. 2015 Mazda 6, mostly highway miles. This is my commuting vehicle. Just replaced the original tires after 96K miles.

·
Registered
164 Posts
From 2019-03-24 through 2020-01-30, I logged just 5,712 miles, for 29.11 miles per gallon. Very high majority are driving around suburbia. Not bad, not great - about what I'd expect for the driving style and environment. 2016 Mazda6 Touring stick-shift, at 5,400 feet elevation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just had a tank last me 630 miles last week! 41.1 mpg! You can definitely get the FE up with 60-65 mph highway runs...
Godamm that’s impressive! With the cold weather its harder for me to reach the higher 30’s on my 22 mile commute. I get the best mpg when leaving it on radar cruise control varied between 65-70MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
41mpg can be had on the "6" IF you hold speed to 60mph. Which, on a turnpike or other place where you still have a 55mph limit and aggressive enforcement can be had.

However, I won't do that voluntarily. The increased economy simply isn't worth the time spend to me.

·
Super Moderator
17,082 Posts
41mpg can be had on the "6" IF you hold speed to 60mph. Which, on a turnpike or other place where you still have a 55mph limit and aggressive enforcement can be had.

However, I won't do that voluntarily. The increased economy simply isn't worth the time spend to me.
Plus, you know, going the same speed the whole time isn't fun driving ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
As I said, the car commute isn't fun but I'm only averaging about 29 mpg on my RSV4 so that should tell you something about the kind of riding I do!

·
Registered
271 Posts

Yep, no fun what-so-ever; I did 60 for an extended period and pulled 34mpg out of Grand Prix GTP.... but only because I had time to kill.

Having a solid MPG history for my car now allows me to predict that my fuel economy will increase by 2mpg in just over a month; as my charts show that is when the "winter gas" goes away ( and it started Nov 1)

·
Registered
3 Posts
How are the current owner's doing, and what is your city/highway mix?

Gas mileage is one of the big selling points for me and I want to make sure it does as well as it says.
On my 2017(6) touring, full tank, i get 270ish before fuel sign on. All in city drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I may have posted in here before, but may as well follow up with more data. I fairly religiously track each tank of gas, and overall very happy with the mileage now that I've had the car for almost 7 years. My 6.5 year average is 35.45 mpg. On longer highway trips I easily see 40 mpg (peak was 42.72).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Best I've ever gotten after break-in on the 2.5T engine in my 2018 was a few weeks ago in January. 36.7MPG average over a 180 mile trip that was about 90/10 split highway/city driving. I could have done even better if I had tried to hypermile it. I was really only trying to consciously conserve gas the 2nd half of the drive. I'd guess I could have maybe hit 40 MPG if I had actually tried the entire trip. That was with 2 adults and 2 kids in the car (that includes me) and driving with 87-octane (10% ethanol), which I assume is probably a winter blended fuel for this time of year in Wisconsin, and running front defroster on occasion. My usual commute to work is 10/90 split highway/city and I get somewhere around 25-26 mpg average on a tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2015 Mazda 6
Average 30-31 mpg if cruise is set at 68-72. Once I hit 75 mph gas mileage will go to 28.5 -29.9. 90 percent of commute is highway with cruise on. Sweet spot is 68 mph. If you do 65 you ll jump into the 32-34 range. Staying below 2k rpm will yield great results. Also if gas station has poor gas you ll see bad mpg.

have tried different octane. It doesn’t matter. It all comes down to the driver. I have found something interesting. When I fill up I have great gas mileage 32 mpg. As the tank lowers mpg drops. Driving is the same but when I drive in city mpg drops and never recovers back It will dip to 28.5 and I can get it back 30 mpg but seems odd. I drive 27 miles highway the 10 miles in city to work and back. So 54 miles total plus 20 miles.74 miles total. 5 days a week. Now I got a job literally right off highway exit so I will see how this does cause now I will only have highway miles and two stop lights to get to work.
My 6 just hit 99k.
spark plug changed a year ago and oil changes done as recommended wit wix filter or Oem.
getting ready to get tranny fluid changed and coolant. Will See if these impact numbers on a seasoned engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot of people are getting a lot better mileage than me! I don't get great mileage on my 2016 Touring as most of my miles are city miles. I'm averaging 25.7 mpg since purchasing the car in December of 2015. My record for 1 tank is 35.1 mpg.

481 - 500 of 502 Posts