Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track and thrashed it out in complete stock trim. Met up with 3 other speeds on the board, but only 2 of them raced. It was a heck of a good time. Time to shutup and show the times:

60'- 1.767
300- 5.581
1/8- 8.749 @ 77.84
1000 11.451
1/4 - 13.739 @ 98.10

I had 4 runs, 1 was a missed gear but the other 2 were: 13.849 @ 98.36 and 13.898 @ 97.78

Fun day. The temprature was around 55 with heat index of about 65. The car had 1080 miles on the clock. Headwind down the track. The closest race was against a Subaru Legacy spec B; his best was 13.863 (ran him twice).

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
mmarfan i will be chasing your time once again. I will chasing you with the mz6 and now with the MS6!!! i just turned 1100 today and on the 5th i will be at MIR IMPORTS vs DOMESTICS and see if i can match your time if not beat it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice runs.

Did you ride out 4th / what shift points did you use?
[/b]
I did ride out 4th. I think that it was about 6400RPM at the end of the track. I did lift between shifts as well, but didn't notice too much lag. My launch was real good; I just added a writup on it. I might go back next year and try not lifting and then shifting into 5th at the end of the track.

Shift points were a tick after 6000 from 1st to 2ond, then right before 6000 on the rest of the shifts.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Congrats on your 13.7 time!! I think you are the 3rd person on the forums to run that time in stock form. Everyone else has to up the boost lol :D

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
It was a blast to go out to the track! Congrats on your times with a stock Speed. I'm uploading the video now and will post it shortly. It's mainly me, but the first race is against you when you missed 3rd and I fukered the launch. 14.8 was kinda embarrasing. We should set up another meet at the track.

HERE is the video.
[/b]
That exhaust sounds good. :drool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I saw the 13.73 right before I left. Nice seeing a stock MS6 running those times. MY best for the day was a 14.113 @ 96 with a 1.90 60'. So, have some work to do on my launch and I can probably get down into the 13.7-13.8 range. I may try to go at least once more before the end of the year. Test and Tune still goes on until the 2nd week in november so hopefully I can get a 13 by then. Great seeing 4 MS6's together and 3 in line. My best launch I believe ended up being my worst run. I thought I launched it great but wasnt ready to shift to 2nd so took too much time shifting to 2nd and got a 2.5 60'.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thats a great video man. And that just adds to my dillema(if thats the way you spell it)of dp vs. catback. I only have money for one right now. That exhaust does sound good and white has grown on me quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/xxt...t=unload046.flv

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/xxt...t=unload045.flv

Theres 2 videos from yesterday. One with Koreans MS6 and the Legacy GT and one with my MS6 and the Legacy. Though if anyone has an idea of what the white stuff is coming from my car about 3/4 of the way down the track let me know. I didn't notice or feel anything so I figured maybe I just ran over something on the track. Hopefully its nothing.
[/b]

It was kitty litter from the cleanup that they had earlier. Nice vids BTW, but non of the red. :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
It was kitty litter from the cleanup that they had earlier. Nice vids BTW, but non of the red. :(
[/b]
I thought I saw one with you in it though. Ill have to go look again. IF not it sucks since you ran the best time out of us. I did watch your run right before I left. I wonder if its possible to get a 13.6 out of our cars stock. I would think with the best 60' anyone has and the best shifting, it could be possible. still though, great runs.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Well I'm going to see if I can beat my 13.7 next month at the track. Going to run my boost all the way to redline. None of this boost drop off at 5500 crap.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I'm going to see if I can beat my 13.7 next month at the track. Going to run my boost all the way to redline. None of this boost drop off at 5500 crap.
[/b]

Good luck, you should be ripping it a couple tenths faster at least. I know it's very possible to get this car into the 12's with intake, exhaust, downpipe, intercooler, and boost controler. Just 5 mods I believe can net 70 horsepower or more. If you do a remap of the computer and a bigger turbo, then who knows how far that'll take you...

·
Registered
353 Posts
If I could figure this crap out with the MBC I think I'll be in good shape. Any of you want to hit it again next Sat?
[/b]
I could be up for that. Any idea on what the weather is supposed to be like? If you want any help with the MBC let us know.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I could be up for that. Any idea on what the weather is supposed to be like? If you want any help with the MBC let us know.
[/b]
The forcast around here is only accurate out to maybe 48 hrs so we'll see. As far as the MBC goes I just need to get the tuning right. I'm pretty sure I have it connected correctly.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Did you block off the one part ont eh wastegate? I think someone above posted about blocking off a part so the computer will not pull the boost back around 5500 rpms.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Did you block off the one part ont eh wastegate? I think someone above posted about blocking off a part so the computer will not pull the boost back around 5500 rpms.
[/b]
Hoses still connected go like this... Turbo -> MBC -> Wastegate Actuator .... Solenoid -> Intake ..... the other two nipples are plugged.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts