Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing I hate most about my 6's interior is how cheep the center consol looks. I would like to replace it but don't want to have to use some stupid "Aluminum" dash kit consisting of a bunch of stickers. Is there a dash replacement made of aluminum? I know some higher end cars come with some aluminum panels standard(my dad's lexus rx400h has a aluminum plastic mix that looks pretty sweet). Can someone please shed some light on this?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i dont think they have anything out there but the stickers but i am not an expert.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The one thing I hate most about my 6's interior is how cheep the center consol looks. I would like to replace it but don't want to have to use some stupid "Aluminum" dash kit consisting of a bunch of stickers. Is there a dash replacement made of aluminum? I know some higher end cars come with some aluminum panels standard(my dad's lexus rx400h has a aluminum plastic mix that looks pretty sweet). Can someone please shed some light on this?
[/b]

As a temp fix, you could pull it off, and repaint it however you want it until they actually come out with something you like.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The answer is no. I've been looking. There are 'real brushed aluminum' dash kits that do consist of 'stickers'. Thats the way I will probably go, since the quality is very nice.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My sister has real aluminum on her dash and recently got a little dent on it. At least the silver stock plastic won't dent.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Even the most expensive kits I've seen (rip-off) are still adhesive-based aluminum accents. Brushed aluminum sure sounds nice, though, even in adhesive form. I mean, any accent to a car's interior is usually glued there anyway. Don't even get me started on wood-grain, because I saw some nasty, worn-out wood-grain accents on a BMW. I'm sure that's just glued on there as well.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah I know what kit your talking about, It has a bunch of peices that go all over the complete dash and center consol. I think those are just a thin layer of that aluminum and some adhesive backing, and if that is the case they do look good and hold up well providing you properly degrease the surfaces.I don't think they are just printed patterns. Call them up!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I thinked a ways to make real aluminium interior...
It can be made at military planes factory... but is too costy... nearly to 1000-1200$
But this is direct change for panels. No stickers...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts