Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending four months rebuilding the car . . . followed by four months in the barn under a tarp . . . it is time to get the Mazda6 track beast out into the sun.

Fortunately, circumstances have allowed a slow return to track fun. You may recall that the engine, tranny and entire front and rear suspension have been completely out of the car. So before we go flogging it at 120mph on the front stretch of VIR (which I surely promise to do) we need to do some lower risk testing. The car requires an thorough tech inspection from an approved race shop before returning to the track . . . so we'll combine that with a couple of pulls on the dyno. I'm not to concerned about the HP that the Fusion motor will make (I'll be happy with 200hp) - mostly looking for leaks, rattles, anything loose and problems of any kind. This being our third engine in the car - let's hope for more GO than BLOW. :D

With the car washed up, we'll load it onto the trailer and head to Long Road Racing in the morning.

With the new lower suspension, I've had to develop a new technique for loading the car on the trailer.

I have to back the truck up on ramps to pitch the trailer down - allowing the car to load without dragging.

Here we are loaded and ready to go - I'll post the results tomorrow!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow, another year of track fun, cant wait to hear what entails, best of luck to you.

PS, Couldn't you just back it onto the trailer? or does the trailer only hook up to the car one way?

Sorry for my lack of trailer knowledge, just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
VERY happy with my $700 junkyard motor. :)

The best pull is posted below. 189whp & 183tq in a 2700lb Mazda6. :thumbup:
Air/fuel ratio was rich as heck (about 11:1). I know rich is better than lean, but we're giving away some performance here. Although I have to admit the flames shooting out of my side exhaust when you let off the gas is cool. :D

I'll post up the Dyno video soon, but I missed the exhaust flames cuz I was on the wrong side of the car. :mad:

Good news is - nothing broke, no leaks, no drama! With the new suspension this thing should be a hoot on the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts