Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to the track (MIR) for my first time with some buddies of mine :drive: ..... and i just wanna get a good prespective on what is good reaction time. Your reaction time, and your opinions on it will help a lot...

Thanks,
Adeel

·
Registered
875 Posts
i'm going to the track (MIR) for my first time with some buddies of mine :drive: ..... and i just wanna get a good prespective on what is good reaction time. Your reaction time, and your opinions on it will help a lot...

Thanks,
Adeel
[/b]
My reaction time is usually between .100 and .300. I had a couple higher and lower....but that is my avg.

What you want to do is, as soon as the last light is fully lit up yellow, take off. You'll like your time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
It depends on what you are racing for... If you are trying to beat the other guy, it only really matters if you are similar times, or you want to make sure you beat him. If you race a 15.5s Neon, you don't need a good reaction time. If you are racing for 1/4 mile times, then leave when you want, I've had a 4.7 second reaction time, because they fast staged me and I was going for the best 1/4 mile time.

Rawyzf is right a good RT is between .100 and .300, if you are under .700s it is still good for your first time. The first time you will want to leave when you see the light turn green, but your time will be over 1.0s and it will seem as if the guy beside you left really early. Watch the races ahead of you, they all leave when the bottom yellow comes on, just ignore the green light :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what is the green light's purpose than?

i was doing the reaction time test on MIRdrag.com and it was anywhere from .200 to .500

·
Registered
288 Posts
so what is the green light's purpose than?

i was doing the reaction time test on MIRdrag.com and it was anywhere from .200 to .500
[/b]
Well, what they are saying if you wait until you see green you've left too late. Basically, when you see the last yellow fully illuminate, it will still take some time for you to process that mentally. Then it will take time to release the clutch and for the entire mass of the car to move forward. So by starting all of this at the last yellow you are (hopefully) going to launch right after the green. Do this too early and you risk red lighting :nono: which is much worse than leaving 1s too late. :burnout:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts