Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i have a 06 ms6 with bose i want to install aftermarket subs and amp. how to i run the rca??? i want to keep the factory hu and bose speakers. i have that converter but i dont know were to hook it up. please help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi guys, i have a 06 ms6 with bose i want to install aftermarket subs and amp. how to i run the rca??? i want to keep the factory hu and bose speakers. i have that converter but i dont know were to hook it up. please help.
[/b]
Take the converter back from where you got it and get a refund. Find a rca with a female end and cut it off leaving 2-3 inchs of wire to work with.
Go to your trunk where the bose sub is and unplug the harness. One end is white, the other is black. Its about 8'' long. Expose the wires (solid black=ground, blue/red stripe=remote on, brown=single-, black/red stripe=single+)
Splice the female rca in to the brown and black/red wires.
The positive on an rca is transmitted in the center of the plug
THe negitive is on the outside.
Splice the remote turn on for your amp to the blue/red wire
Buy a y spliter for your rca to the amp and your done.

This is how i did it on my 06 with bose and it worked great.
Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
this has been a source of controversy on these boards. there's a nice little write up over on mazda6tech.com.
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/about191.html

one mod since my last amp in a 6, on the splitter, and use butt-connectors to lengthen the wires on the splitter. i added about 6 inches this last go around and it really made the job cleaner/easier.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can someone please confirm if this is the correct wiring for the MS6?
Thanks.

Take the converter back from where you got it and get a refund. Find a rca with a female end and cut it off leaving 2-3 inchs of wire to work with.
Go to your trunk where the bose sub is and unplug the harness. One end is white, the other is black. Its about 8'' long. Expose the wires (solid black=ground, blue/red stripe=remote on, brown=single-, black/red stripe=single+)
Splice the female rca in to the brown and black/red wires.
The positive on an rca is transmitted in the center of the plug
THe negitive is on the outside.
Splice the remote turn on for your amp to the blue/red wire
Buy a y spliter for your rca to the amp and your done.

This is how i did it on my 06 with bose and it worked great.
Good luck
[/b]

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
K. Thanks I'll try just the positve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts