Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across these wheels in the local shop and it really attracts my attention when seeing them in the flesh. But wonder if they match our cars so with this post hope to get your views on this. Sorry for my crappy Photochop skill but hope it will show what it would be like :) Also for comparisions I included the pic of stock wheels.

More infos on this wheel can be found here:

http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/

http://www.rayswheels.co.nz/wheels/ggames_77svaio.htm

These are the photos, please give me your opinions on this, thanks.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I am still out on how it would look in real life so photochop some more just to have a look. Please chime in either positive or negative comments, all welcome. As to the price it is really pricy as it is Jap's RAYS and I think it will cost me in vicinity of AU$ 3 grands alone for the rims probably in US$ 2 grand or there about :)

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehehe.....still couldn't get over what to choose :)

But been to few places to get more infos on the wheels and found actually the shining silver might suit the car better. Here are some photo that I make up. What do you reckon?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the silver ones. I dont think the black ones go well with the car at all. I just dont like the all black look on a black car. But silver is deff nice.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I have these. Just haven't had time to get them mounted and waiting on a valve stem for one of the wheels to get here from Cali.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the opinions and the link as well.

ATL, how shiny is the shining sliver? I only got photos so would like to know what the real thing looks like? Say between chrome and machined wheels, how does this shining silver fall in comparision? I just worry it is too chromy as one of the photo I had seem to indicate. Also I thought reading it somewhere that you having hard time getting the wheels, so didn't realize you already got them. Also if you don't mind please let me know the price you are getting, so that I can have a base line of what roughly it will cost me? At the moment I am waiting for 3 different quotes, so I can get a ballpark figure to go with will be great. Thanks. Please PM me if you don't want to openly disclose the figure :) Lastly can't wait for your installed pics.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
from what i read in that thread, he had a really difficult time sourcing those rims. difficult to source usually also means high price.

good luck

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes. Any JDM wheels are hard to get in. The hardest thing is to get one just to look at, so to see if it suits the car. I have been to three different places here in OZ, no one has one in stock and they can order one for me only if I want to go ahead with the deal :(

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Thanks guys for the opinions and the link as well.

ATL, how shiny is the shining sliver? I only got photos so would like to know what the real thing looks like? Say between chrome and machined wheels, how does this shining silver fall in comparision? I just worry it is too chromy as one of the photo I had seem to indicate. Also I thought reading it somewhere that you having hard time getting the wheels, so didn't realize you already got them. Also if you don't mind please let me know the price you are getting, so that I can have a base line of what roughly it will cost me? At the moment I am waiting for 3 different quotes, so I can get a ballpark figure to go with will be great. Thanks. Please PM me if you don't want to openly disclose the figure :) Lastly can't wait for your installed pics.[/b]
I have 3 with tires on. I will try to take some pics this saturday with them on the car. Just waiting on a valve stem for the 4th wheel thats still at discount tire.
As for the color. I will let the pics do the talking. I paid 390 a wheel from discount tire.

Also check out this link to see what they will look like with tires on. http://www.teamssp.com/jt.php

Attachments

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for adding all the additional infos and links guys.

One thing is these rims are called G-GAME 77S for 1 piece and the 77S VAIO for the 2 piece rims here in OZ and in Japan. Yet in the STATE, they are called G-GAME SIDEWINDERS. But I assume they are the same wheels though.What do they call the 2 piece SIDEWINDER?

ATL, The price you paid is really good comparing to what I am expecting to pay. You are paying like $AU510, where as I am expecting in the vicinity of $AU800 or $US600 each here :( Also what size and offset you got there? Can I ask for a higher resolution of the pic of the wheels please, preferably with different angle shot, so I can photochop to see it clearer. Thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts