Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, Ive been having an issue with my 05 6s - it seems lately, getting worse, a rattling sound when I accelerate. The rattling is noticeably louder when I have more stress on the car (as in going up an incline when accelerating). I know I have to take it in for an oil change but would that have anything to do with the rattling?

Hopefully someone can relate. I had the same problem in my old Ford Tempo....something loose?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Minse has just started doing this rattleing withing the past month too on my 05 6i. It sounds as though it is coming from the passenger side door/dash/glovebox area inside though. Probably nto the same as you are having..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hmmm... might be a long shot, but it could just be low-octane pinging?

DO check your oil first and foremost, there is a known problem with the PCV valve causing excessive oil consumption.

Then, try running a tank of premium and see if there's any change. If that works, step down to 89 and then back to 87 and see if it returns.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It would help to know wher you hear the rattle comming from. ANd if it was octane pinging it would be very distinct, sort of like banking a pencil tip off a hard desk, its not a rattle its a ping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts