Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... I have a slight issue with my mazda...
Whenever I'm driving and slow down at any gear to about 2400-2000, I hear some kinda noise coming from the engine... i don't know if it's rattling or what... but in any gear, (I think, I don't know about 5th) it rattles. and right when it hits 2000, the noise kind goes away... it does not happen when I'm accelerating... but only when I'm slowing down...

Any guesses? :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm, it only happens when I'm slowing down. Not when the clutch is pressed. And it ONLY happens within that RPM range...

·
Registered
141 Posts
yes. i know exactly what you are hearing. i have an 03 6i and i have the exact same noise when i drop rpms. ive looked and looked and can't really pinpoint anything. it sounds like a high pitch squeel. i have no idea what to do about it and i've kind of started to learn to ignore it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i had that problem with my previous car. i found out it was the heat shield that went over the header. so you might wanna check your heat shield....just a thought.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i had that problem with my previous car. i found out it was the heat shield that went over the header. so you might wanna check your heat shield....just a thought.
[/b]

I had the same issue with my other car's heat shield. Was about to suggest the same thing. It's worth taking a look.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same issue with my other car's heat shield. Was about to suggest the same thing. It's worth taking a look.
[/b]
How do I go about doing so?

yes. i know exactly what you are hearing. i have an 03 6i and i have the exact same noise when i drop rpms. ive looked and looked and can't really pinpoint anything. it sounds like a high pitch squeel. i have no idea what to do about it and i've kind of started to learn to ignore it.
[/b]

Yeah... that's precisely what the problem is... would the dealership know what to do? it's still under warranty...

Is the car completely stock?
[/b]
Yes... the car is completely stock... I just put a K&N filter... that's about it...

M

·
0 Posts
Okay guys... I have a slight issue with my mazda...
Whenever I'm driving and slow down at any gear to about 2400-2000, I hear some kinda noise coming from the engine... i don't know if it's rattling or what... but in any gear, (I think, I don't know about 5th) it rattles. and right when it hits 2000, the noise kind goes away... it does not happen when I'm accelerating... but only when I'm slowing down...

Any guesses? :( Hay what's up i'm a certified tech. for Mazda I had the same problem with a Mazda 6 five speed with 3.0liter I found the problem was the shifter cables rattling together. The fix is putting a insalator between the to cables under the consule where the cables exit the floor board. your local Mazda dealer can get this repair info. from the Mazda Tech. Line.
[/b]
Hope this info helps you email me and let me know what happens. [email protected]
Later Charlie,

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Charlie!
I will go to the dealership this Thursday... hopefully this would be the same thing... I will defeinitely let you guys know once it's done...
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks Charlie!
I will go to the dealership this Thursday... hopefully this would be the same thing... I will defeinitely let you guys know once it's done...
Thanks for the replies!
[/b]
Have this same issue. Took it in and they didn't find anything; had two places check it (dealer and local shop). I just got used to it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to the dealership today and found out that the exhaust manifold is kinda messed up. How? I have no clue!
So, they went ahead and ordered it. They're gonna get it on Wednesday and hopefully my car WILL be fixed by Friday or Saturday at the latest...

Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went to the dealership today and found out that the exhaust manifold is kinda messed up. How? I have no clue!
So, they went ahead and ordered it. They're gonna get it on Wednesday and hopefully my car WILL be fixed by Friday or Saturday at the latest...

Thanks for all your input.
[/b]
Let me know if that works for you. If it does, I may have my dealership check mine out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts