Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several posts about speaker rattles in factory BOSE systems. Ours had gotten very bad in the last couple of months and I was able to trace it down and repair it yesterday. Best of all, it was FREE. Just a little Gorilla Glue.

If you happen to break a door panel fastener, the Dorman 963-221D for Chrysler vehicles is a suitable replacement and available at most parts stores in the US. I broke one.

I had this exact problem and solution:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought mine was blown as well. It wasn't! Check this issue. I will almost guarantee you have the same problem.

Door panel is fairly easy to remove, but a little tricky to replace. If you look at the edge profile of the window rubber, you can see where the metal lip of the door goes. Fitting it in is difficult. Start at the front and move back.

If you check and have this problem, the fix is free. I was prepared to spend $$$ to replace the stock driver but did not need to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
jsouth
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing