Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I purchased my Mazda6 I've noticed a slight rattle from that plastic panel which sits in back of the rear seats, up top. It's the piece to which the rear Bose subwoofer is mounted. I know it's not the sub causing it because I hear it when the radio is off.

Funny thing is that I used to hear the same exact sound from the same exact place in my 1993 Mazda MX-6. It's kinda of ironic.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has noticed a slight rattle or vibration sound from that piece when going over even slight bumps or pavement imperfections? Anyone have a fix? I can live with it and I won't take it to the dealer for such a thing, but a self-fix would be cool.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Rattle in Rear Deck Under Rear Windshield'

I just brought home my new 6s 5spd, love it...but I am having the same rattle...I don't have the Bose system though. I actually got in the trunk and found where the rattle is coming from. Mine is the seat belt tensioner on the passenger side(back seat). I thought it was in the deck also. Until I can get my car in I have stretched the seat belt all the way out and clicked it into the other side's latch...that seemed to keep it taught enough to quell the rattle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Reading Topic: Rattle in Rear Deck Under Rear Windshield

I had a rattle in the rear dash. Turned out to be the Bose logo on the plastic grill over the woofer was loose. I just popped it off with some pliers.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Rattle in Rear Deck Under Rear Windshield

I don't know if this is related to your noise, but make sure your middle seatbelt is unbuckled. Mine was buckled when I picked it up and flapping against the leather was ridicuously annoying.

I haven't heard a rattle in my 6s from the rear, just from the titanium plastic pannels on the front door armrests that is driving me NUTS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts