Mazda 6 Forums banner

Rattle after brake job

19K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  TalonTsi90 
Guys I'm having what seems to be the same issue on my 2016 Mazda6 Touring. Just bought the car used and I think the brakes were done relatively recently. I get a rattle primarily from the drivers side front that happens when going over uneven road or potholes. Doesn't happen all the time. Took the car back to the dealership and mechanic looked at the brakes and found that the little rubber rings on the brake pins were sliding around not staying in place, so he replaced the pins. Still there's the rattle, so he thinks it's the strut but I don't think it is. Also, I get a delay when I pull off the brakes when sitting at a stop light for little while. Not sure what's going on with that, but it sounds like the anti-rattle clips are the answer to the rattle because similarly I don't have the rattle when I apply a little pressure to the brakes and go over bumps. I'll let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.