·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Sport Hatch
6spd Auto
3.0 V6

Issue:
Random no starts or when does start trans is sometimes in limp mode (AKA 3rd Gear).

Observations:
This morning I noticed while fidgeting about with the 2 battery cables at the bottom right of the fuse panel I would hear the relays click. I also observed a spark between the PCM and TCM fuses and then the car would start.

I mentioned I have searched already and I have but either similar but exact issues or no one replied to the thread. What I am looking for is a good image of the back side of the fuse panel to study until the weather clears up enough for me to try and get the panel flipped over and the rear cover removed (If Possible) so I can get a closer look into what is going on.

If someone has experienced these issues please enlighten me on how you were able to fix it.

Thank you.

·
Rally Racer
2,560 Posts
2005 Sport Hatch
6spd Auto
3.0 V6

Issue:
Random no starts or when does start trans is sometimes in limp mode (AKA 3rd Gear).

Observations:
This morning I noticed while fidgeting about with the 2 battery cables at the bottom right of the fuse panel I would hear the relays click. I also observed a spark between the PCM and TCM fuses and then the car would start.
It could be a battery or ground issue. I would clean the terminals and check the grounds. These beasts are notoriously picky with electrical power issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a battery or ground issue. I would clean the terminals and check the grounds. These beasts are notoriously picky with electrical power issues.
The battery terminals have been thoroughly cleaned and the battery tested but the issue seems to be in the engine bay fuse panel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 4 different ground points on the car. I mention it because I have experienced the random no start. Was the battery load tested? They generally last 2-3 years in this car.
Which fuse panel are you looking for? the in cabin or engine bay?
The engine bay. When I press on it I can hear relays clicking and then the car will start. The area I am pressing is where the two cables ar bolted down with the big fuse in between them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts