Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About every 3-4 days i am getting a throttle tip in stutter between 2-3,000 rpms, not under hard acceleration, lean into the gas and it will accelerate normally for 1-200 rpms then hesitate for a split second and then immedietly pull as expected. It is only as i tip in, only on low throttle pulls.

·
Registered
237 Posts
About every 3-4 days i am getting a throttle tip in stutter between 2-3,000 rpms, not under hard acceleration, lean into the gas and it will accelerate normally for 1-200 rpms then hesitate for a split second and then immedietly pull as expected. It is only as i tip in, only on low throttle pulls.
[/b]

I get that, have since day one. It's not a problem for me though, I live in boost. :cool:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine has been getting worse since the reflash. It now smokes when it stutters (typically happens once or twice a day on my 150 mile commute). Its going back again! I'm rather displeased with my MS6. Mazda should have got things right before releasing this car.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Same problem, before and after the reflash although less common now. MUCH worse if the car isn't thoroughly warmed up (as in run for 5 minutes on the highway, not temp guage showing warm).

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've said this so many times I'm getting sick of it. Anyone with stutter/stumble problems should look at their spark plugs. They have 100,00 mile plugs in this car...which have already been proven in other turbo perf cars to perform poorly. MY guess is you folks have fouled plugs.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I get this every once in a while, too. Was worse when the temps here were in the 90's, now seems to be much less frequent. Also less frequent since I installed the CAI. I think it's an engine management software problem. If you've checked your plugs as the previous poster mentioned and they're fine but you're still getting this, that's the only thing I can figure. It's not happening often enough on my car to merit a trip to the shop. When I took it in last month it over this they weren't able to recreate the problem in a 15 mile drive.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Mine has been getting worse since the reflash. It now smokes when it stutters (typically happens once or twice a day on my 150 mile commute). Its going back again! I'm rather displeased with my MS6. Mazda should have got things right before releasing this car.
[/b]
Just brought mine to the dealer today for this same problem and some other minor problems. I am getting the smoke also and was getting worried.

I asked them to check the plugs. They haven't called back yet.

I will keep you posted.

Edit: Well the dealer called back and said they got it to reproduce the problem. They saw the smoke and will need it for at least another day. They don't know what's wrong yet. They are putting their lead tech on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found that all my hesitation/stutter problems went away after my 2 mods.. CAI and custom exhaust (2nd cat delete)

car feels GREAT now... and the exhaust sound is just right, dimm and not too loud

Tried a stock one the other day and it felt lazy, lots of difference

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've said this so many times I'm getting sick of it. Anyone with stutter/stumble problems should look at their spark plugs. They have 100,00 mile plugs in this car...which have already been proven in other turbo perf cars to perform poorly. MY guess is you folks have fouled plugs.
[/b]
If I wanted to check my plugs and all this other investigation crap, I would not have bought a brand new frigging car. I would have bought a 76 Buick or some shit. Bottom line, a new car should not be doing this and we should not have to be playing musical spark plugs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
[/b]
Yes - this has come up before but has anyone actually pulled a plug and reported any issues? My theory is this car runs super rich and the plugs may be fouling- and that might explain why some of the guys running CAI's are seeing less of an issue.
Those that are seeing smoke - what color? The smoke issue is puzzling and has come up before - one guy actually had a bad coolant leak.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If I wanted to check my plugs and all this other investigation crap, I would not have bought a brand new frigging car. I would have bought a 76 Buick or some shit. Bottom line, a new car should not be doing this and we should not have to be playing musical spark plugs.
[/b]
Welcome to the real world. MANY NEW vehicles have issues, ESPECIALLY first year.

If you were not ready for that you should've got a proven, established model and/or a used car with low miles and all the new bugs shaken out of it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes - this has come up before but has anyone actually pulled a plug and reported any issues? My theory is this car runs super rich and the plugs may be fouling- and that might explain why some of the guys running CAI's are seeing less of an issue.
Those that are seeing smoke - what color? The smoke issue is puzzling and has come up before - one guy actually had a bad coolant leak.
[/b]
Yes, click here

And for the color of smoke, click here

·
Registered
940 Posts
Welcome to the real world. MANY NEW vehicles have issues, ESPECIALLY first year.

If you were not ready for that you should've got a proven, established model and/or a used car with low miles and all the new bugs shaken out of it.
[/b]
Whatever you say. They should have worked more of these issues ought before releasing the car. This car was not ready for release - the fact that multiple people are now experiencing the bogging and the smoke shows mine is not an isolated incident.

As for first year? I bought a third year Focus SVT (last year they were made) and they still had not fixed the problems with MAF sensor below 2000rpm, nor the motor mounts (I do not race and mine broke and took 3 times to get them to find the problem). I traded that one in thinking the wonderful Japanese made MS6 would be much better. The one time I got powerloss was test driving the car and the dealer did not have premium in it - I almost stopped there, but switching to premium (had it overnight) fixed it so I went ahead.

Why do people keep making excuses for Mazda or pretending they cannot feel a difference (or hiding that difference as "Smoother power")? Think about what you are saying when you say smoother power....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I found that all my hesitation/stutter problems went away after my 2 mods.. CAI and custom exhaust (2nd cat delete)

car feels GREAT now... and the exhaust sound is just right, dimm and not too loud

Tried a stock one the other day and it felt lazy, lots of difference
[/b]
not trying to get anyone to start modding, but I had that problem stock, but since I have put on the cp-e intake, it has not done it in the last 2000 miles. I dunno, maybe a coincidence, buy maybe not. Especially if someone other than me said the same thing.

·
Registered
651 Posts
not trying to get anyone to start modding, but I had that problem stock, but since I have put on the cp-e intake, it has not done it in the last 2000 miles. I dunno, maybe a coincidence, buy maybe not. Especially if someone other than me said the same thing.
[/b]
I had the CPE CAI and still experienced this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think the fact that I put a signficant amount of miles on the car exposes the issue more than some who dont drive as much. My car hesitates when its cold warm and hot. Smoke is black. Dealer hasnt been able to address the issue yet. I reported the issue to Mazda Corporate today - they are concerned, but arent offering much in the way of solutions yet.

10,000 miles and its bucking and stuttering at least once during my 150 mile commute.

I'm sorry but Mazda must have tested the car and I find it hard to believe this problem never materialized in pre production.

If Mazda doesnt make this right I'm talking to my lawyer freind who has won several warranty cases against other car manufacturers. This sounds like class action lawsuit material based on all the people that are having problems.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think the fact that I put a signficant amount of miles on the car exposes the issue more than some who dont drive as much. My car hesitates when its cold warm and hot. Smoke is black. Dealer hasnt been able to address the issue yet. I reported the issue to Mazda Corporate today - they are concerned, but arent offering much in the way of solutions yet.

10,000 miles and its bucking and stuttering at least once during my 150 mile commute.

I'm sorry but Mazda must have tested the car and I find it hard to believe this problem never materialized in pre production.

If Mazda doesnt make this right I'm talking to my lawyer freind who has won several warranty cases against other car manufacturers. This sounds like class action lawsuit material based on all the people that are having problems.
[/b]
That is weird, When I used to experience that, the smoke would be white.

·
Registered
440 Posts

[/b]
Change your fuggin spark plugs and get over it. Holy crap, there's some real BS flying around in here, Your lawyer, ROTFLMAO!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Change your fuggin spark plugs and get over it. Holy crap, there's some real BS flying around in here, Your lawyer, ROTFLMAO!!!!
[/b]
This problem goes beyond a simplistic plug change. I'm very serious and have started documenting issues to pursue lemon law. Let me be clear I still think this is great car. However after 25 years of car ownership and owning more than 20 new cars I have expereinced similar manufacturing defects while a car was under warranty. You have to be heavy handed, but professional with dealers and corporate entities of paticular car manufacturers when dealing with defects.

Believe me the absolute last thing you would want to do is change stock parts when youre dealing with warranty issue.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/b]
1: Have you had this problem specifically?
2: Did you check your plus?
3: Were they in fact fouled?
4: Did new plugs fix it permanently?
5: What plug did you use (Part # appreciated)
6: How many miles since you did this?

Thank you for the information, I wish you would have posted this at the beginning!

If you cannot answer all 6 above questions, then I will tell you that your input and theory are appreciated, but you condescending tone without having gone through this is not warrented and makes you look much worse than anyone posting the "bs" you're so tired of. Just post your opinion in a constructive manner, if no one listens and you are in fact right, its their bad not yours, you have done all you can! :D

1 - 20 of 335 Posts