Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this car for months now and it's happend about 10 times. The engine light will pop up and stay on but I can't get a code from my AP or autozone. WTF?
The car doesn't seem ill or anything but it freaks me out a little and there is nothing that I've noticed that happens everytime it happens (i.e. driving hard, overboost, change in temp.....)

Any ideas??

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i you using the ap to de-activate a code?
No. I like to know what's going on if there's anything funnny going on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think U have to place the original stock map back on in order to get a code, I don't think the codes are built into the AP maps...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^They sure are....I get an overboost code occasionally and a warmup code having to do with the cats whether I'm on my dynotune or my AP Stage 2 +.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I have had this car for months now and it's happend about 10 times. The engine light will pop up and stay on but I can't get a code from my AP or autozone. WTF?
The car doesn't seem ill or anything but it freaks me out a little and there is nothing that I've noticed that happens everytime it happens (i.e. driving hard, overboost, change in temp.....)

Any ideas??

You need a "real" scan tool that can read the freeze-frame data and ALL ECU OBD infoprmation. I have it, but the AP and your Autozone readers can't do it. If you want to buy the interface and software, I think this is the best one....

OBDScan

Reactions: redmica307
1 - 6 of 6 Posts