Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I am experiencing a "clunk" feeling in the steering wheel at random times (happens for a brief second). It usually seems to occur when starting from a stop or when going around a corner from a stop. I have a manual transmission so I believe the more "torquey" starts make this "clunk" feeling a little more defined.

It definitely seems to be a suspension issue. The only thing I can think of that may have caused it was when I hit a rather large pot-hole a couple months ago. I hit it hard enough to put a bubble in the sidewall of the tire and slightly dent the wheel. The wheel and tire have since been replaced. Any ideas as to what could be causing this "clunk" feeling?[/b]
My wife had a problem with her steering, along with a friend of ours who has a 6 as well. There was something in the steering that had to be replaced, I would advise you to have it checked out, i think it was a u joint or something along those lines in the steering colum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.